Friday, June 9, 2023

Podcast: TV shows where individuals try to figure out what to do about problems and try to be good people apart from God

 


Pam and I began watching a TV show on Netflix called "Designated Survivor."

We found the first season gripping and incredibly interesting.

The second season was not interesting and even began troubling me.

Finally, after episode 12, God allowed me to see why I was being increasingly troubled after viewing this show.

They were all trying to be wise in their own eyes and were trying to be "good" without God being involved.

When we saw from God's eyes, we stopped watching this series.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

We conform our thinking to that which we read in the Bible, the Word of God.

Jesus says:

Mark 10:18  And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

When God tells us to do something or to say something we do good.  But that is because God is good and we followed what God said.  It is not of ourselves to be good, other than by what God tells us.

The evil of Eve and devil is that they wanted to be as God, knowing good and evil.

Genesis 3

1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

I don't believe I even know what is good other than when God shows me.

Wisdom is not of going to college and learning teachings of other men.

Wisdom is given to us by God.  

Jesus says:  "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me."  (John 5:30)

As HE heard from God, Jesus spoke that which God showed HIM and HE did those things God showed HIM to do.

Proverbs 2:6  For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of HIS mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The apostle Paul said:

Romans 7:18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing:

I have come to feel exactly the same about myself.  I try to speak what God has shown me rather than speaking that which other humans might feel is "good".  

Galatians 1:10  For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯