Wednesday, June 28, 2023

πŸ’₯ Living as Christians.


We are born again when God speaks the Word of Truth to us by HIS Spirit and changes us by that Word.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Things were certainly new and I was very different after God spoke truth to me.

At that time, when we are born again, God gives us a new heart and a new spirit.   God changes us!

Our heart is different.  Our Spirit is different.

God shows Ezekiel the prophet what it will be like in the days of the New Testament Church.

Ezekiel 36  God says:

23 And I will sanctify MY great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put MY spirit within you, and cause you to walk in MY statutes, and ye shall keep MY judgments, and do them.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

We then read the Bible and are recreated many times during the years by the Word through the Spirit of God. 

God often changes our heart on a matter as we live on this earth.

And I often pray this over me:

Psalm 51:10  Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

For sometimes the ways of the world rub off on me as I am with worldly people or as I read secular books or as I see TV news reports, and I know I run the risk of contamination in my thinking.  I also know I can trust God to cleanse my heart and my spirit on the issue at hand, so I put my trust in God by praying this, asking God to cleanse me.

But at the time we are born again by God by HIS Spirit, believing the Word HE speaks to us, we are truly made into new creatures and we walk then in the Word of God as we live on this earth.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

John 3  Jesus says:

3 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

5 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

I Corinthians 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

If you have not been changed by God by HIS Spirit, pray, asking God to please cause you to be born again by HIS will and by HIS power.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯