Saturday, June 17, 2017

My Worst Enemy

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet 

Sometimes we have a surprising victory over our own flesh.  I had such happen yesterday.

These opportunities for flesh to rise up are sort of like lightening, they can happen so fast that before we know it we have gone into the flesh, arguing to get our own way, trying to defeat another.

Our temperatures have been very hot, above 100.

Yesterday we had clouds move in and light rain and it cooled down.  Although the clouds grew very heavy, I decided to take this opportunity to go to Costco to pick up my Ambien (sleeping pill) prescription which had been filled. 

I thought there would be electric cart available because of weather but I was wrong. 

I had to walk using cane from car to the prescription area of the store which is all the way to the back of the store.  A long walk.  But I felt pretty good so I began walking.

I got to the pick up area and told the young man I needed to pick up the prescription.  He went to get it for me.  He returned and said:  You cannot get this until June 27.  Come back June 27. 

I was a little stunned.

I had gone through so much to get there that day.

I didn’t say anything.  I just stared at him.

There was a time I would have argued, explained, told all I had gone though.

But this time I didn’t.

As I was silent and looked at him, he said again, Come back the 27th. 

I still didn’t say a word.  I think I might have nodded.  And I walked back to my car.

I was so glad I didn’t do as I have done in the past.

I just kept thinking, It really doesn’t matter. 

I have several tablets of Ambien left from last prescription, certainly enough to last to 27th.

As I drove home, I realized I was enjoying being out in the rain.  I prayed for God to protect me as I drove.

I stopped at local grocery enroute home, thinking there might be lots of vacant handicapped places due to the storm.  I was right.  I got to park at the first space right at the entry.  I went in and got the bread I needed and milk and eggs, which I had planned to get at Costco but since I couldn’t get electric cart at Costco I couldn’t walk far enough to get these items at Costco.  They always have plenty of electric carts at this local grocery, if you can get handicapped parking place.

Somehow I did not yield to my flesh yesterday and I was glad. 

Galatians 5:19-21    Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness (defrauding another), lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft (superstitions), hatred, variance (to vary, debate, argue), emulations (to try to outdo another), wrath (ill will toward another), strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 

I think my own flesh is my worse enemy.  But through God, we have power over our flesh. 

James 1:19-20    Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:  For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.


*****