Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Hearing from God by His Spirit


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Yesterday, the Holy Spirit brought to my mind the following:

Be not confromed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind ... Romans 12:2


At the time this came to mind, I was reading in another section of scripture.  I stopped and went to Romans 12, believing this was the Holy Spirit speaking to me.  As such, this was something I really needed for foundation at that moment in time.

As we read the Word of God we are transformed by seriously considering  that which the Word says.

Transformed:  changed completely

In this case, changed completely from the way of the world and from the wisdom of this world in the matter at hand, in the way we are going.

That which the world considers wise is foolishness in the sight of God.  The world follows money.  God does not.  God does what is really best and that which will fulfill HIS own purpose for us.

Romans 8:28 ... And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to HIS purpose.

*****

One of the ways the Holy Spirit helps us is to remind us of that which Jesus, the Word, has said, such as the scripture Romans 12:2  as was called to my attention yesterday.  I stopped and focused on this scripture when I heard it.  And again today I looked at it, thinking again on the instruction.

Yesterday a woman had criticized me for the way I built this house.  It didn't seem wise to her.  She follows after money though she does have some signs of God in her.

I suspect one reason Romans 12:2 was called to my attention last night was to heal me from her words, for by Romans 12:2 God is saying for me not to be conformed to the wisdom of people of this world who follow after money but rather to renew my mind to those things that God did in the building of this house, such as the dream God gave me where I was building this house and also the knowledge that I was praying for wisdom as I planned this house.  Certainly I was reading Bible during that time and considering what God had given me.

Humans around us are often wise in their own minds concerning us and they puff themselves up also by what they think.

We must not consider their words but rather we rest in knowing our way of life and how we have prayed and how we do try to follow God.

I have very strong experience with God and I know God can stop me and turn me from the way I am going when HE wants to do so.  This is comforting also.

I even told this woman I had a dream about building this house two years before I knew I would be building this house.

Also we have the assurance that God puts us in the exact location where we live and the exact time we live there.  So if something goes wrong, we can know God put us in that spot.  We will overcome the problem through God.

*****

Acts 17:26-27     HE determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.  God did this so men would seek HIM and perhaps reach out for HIM and find HIM.  (NIV Original Translation)

If we live in a place and there is a problem, don't we seek God over that problem?  and find God's way of living peacefully in the problem.

Some people think if you are following God you shouldn't have a problem.  But this is not exactly what the Bible teaches. 

Psalm 34:19    Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

John 16:33    Jesus says:  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Problems of life drive us to God to seek HIS way.

So even problems work for good for those who are the called according to HIS purpose.


*****