Thursday, June 29, 2017

BOOK: Exhortations


Amazon.com
e-Book & paperback




Volume 7 ... #10
Evil Often Tries to "Creep" In

Sometimes evil (unbelief in God) is so subtil ... just as the serpent in Genesis 3 was described as "subtil" when he carried an idea to the woman Eve.

The purpose of devils and antichrist is to take us opposite from God... to get us to add to something God has said ... or to get us to take away from something God has said ... or to cause us not to believe what God has said.

Paul spoke of evil creeping in ...

II Tim. 3 ... 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.


*****

For us, often when evil tries to "creep into our thoughts", the Holy Spirit will counter and fight the evil by bringing the truth to our mind.

And as we renew our mind to the word of God, often we uproot evil that has crept into our thinking.

Romans 12 ...  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.


*****

I Peter 5 ... 7 Casting all your care upon HIM; for HE careth for you.
 

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. 10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto HIS eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. 11 To HIM be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. 


*****

Vain imaginations are often seeds planted in us from things spoken by other people.

At mailbox one day, I saw one of my neighbors and she came to me to "chat".

She noticed the man who lives directly across from me was building a fence which extended to the edge of my house.  She mentioned maybe he was putting a dog run in that location.

I am an animal lover.

But later that day, I began to be troubled.  That "dog run" would allow dogs to come within about 8 feet of the room where I do all my work.  DOGS BARK!

I began fervently praying.  And heard nothing at all from God.  I continued crying out since I continued to be troubled.

Later that day, I began to think about this and wondered how I came to think there might be a dog run.  I realized the other neighbor simply said "maybe" this was going to be a dog run. (I don't even know if the man who was building the fence has a dog.  I've never seen a dog in that area, nor heard one.)

After the fence was finished it was obvious that it was not going to confine anything. 

I suspect he built the fence to block the noise or the vision of cars that travel on the street adjacent to us.

Jonah 2:8 ... They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy.


*****

In 1979, God gave me the following terrifying dream:

Destruction was everywhere.

A meeting was going on.  A man was speaking to a room filled with people.  I went in and began to listen.

A second man rushed in and said:  "Stop ... Wait ... Can't you see ... It's too late ... It's already begun."

The first man resumed speaking.

I looked out the window to see what had "already begun."

There was a tall pole with a yellow civil defense speaker at top of the pole.  A gas was coming out of the speaker.  I knew it was poisonous and would kill the people.  It was coming directly toward us!

The shocking thing was the speaker that was set there for the purpose of warning us was being used as the instrument which dispersed the gas that was poison and would kill us!

I looked at the man seated next to me.  He had a big grin on his face and was looking directly at the man who was speaking to the group.  But then I saw this man was a corpse, though he looked alive.  He was already dead!

I looked about the room at the other people and realized they were all dead.

As I sat back in my chair and listened to the man speaking I began to feel sleepy and I knew as I sat there among them this was killing me too.

*****

God was showing me the anarchy that was already going on in our church groups. 


*****