Wednesday, June 28, 2017

BOOK: Exhortations

Amazon.com
e-Book & paperback




Volume 7 ... #9
Faith

Faith is believing you have heard a word from God and acting upon that word you believe you have heard from God.

Heb. 11 ... 7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.


*****

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. 9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.


*****

At one point in my life, I played bridge.  I wanted to stop.  My bridge partner said, "It would be fine for you to stop bridge if you had something else you were going to."  (this way is opposite to faith)


When I did leave bridge, I just went home and waited.  I didn't try to go anywhere else for God had put into my heart it would be futile.  I just waited.  It was about 7 months later when God gave me a dream about a blog ... and I knew then to start a blog and begin writing exhortations for the church.  


*****

Faith can come upon us when we are reading the Bible.  It is as if a scripture just jumps out at us and we can't read past that scripture.  If we try to go on reading, we keep being pulled back to that verse.  That is God getting our attention on something we need for that specific day.

Faith is always based on hearing first from God. 


*****