Sunday, June 11, 2017

Instruction in Righteousness: From 1 Corinthians 3


I Corinthians 3:1-4    And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?



*****


One says, "I'm Baptist."  Another says, "I'm Methodist."  Another, "I'm Catholic."

This is all carnal, says Paul.  And he explains he could only feed them with milk because they were so immature.


*****


God gave me a dream to show weak, deformed Christians, who were still babies.

In this dream, there was a long row of bassinettes.  I walked down the row and looked at the babies.  It was terrible,  They were all very deformed.  At the end of the row stood my favorite aunt.  She was a mature woman,  But she had very bad spots and big blemishes on her face. 

I knew these babies were the church that never developed properly.  Malnourished and twisted.

My aunt, a Church of Christ member all her life, told me, before she died, that she knew things were wrong at the church.  But she stayed there anyway.

Her daughter, my cousin, told me they know some things they are teaching are wrong, but they don't want to hurt the faith of the old people. 

We can't do this.

If the church group professes incorrect doctrine and we know it is wrong, we have to leave that group.  We cannot sit in a church where they approve all kinds of divorce/remarriage and some even have homosexuals as members, and some have homosexuals ordained (by man) into their church ministry, and some have drunkards among them and try to counsel them.

None of these things are according to scripture:

Mt. 5:32 ... concerning divorce/remarriage ... Jesus says:  But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

I Cor. 7:10-11   And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:  But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.


*****

Romans 1:24-27 ... concerning homosexuals and lesbians ... Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.



*****

I Cor. 5:11-13    Concerning fornicators, drunkards, idolaters, railers, covetous, extortioners who are in the church ...But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.



*****


Paul talks about the foundation upon which we build.

I Corinthians 3:10-15    According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.



*****

For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is THE WORD. 

The only foundation we can build upon is THE WORD.

Everything else will be destroyed by God in the "fire", the Wrath appointed by God that is to come upon the whole world.

Also at the judgment seat of Christ, THE WORD is all that will stand.

II Corinthians 5:9-11    Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of HIM. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men;



*****


I Corinthians 5:16-17    Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Defile:
- make that which is sacred profane
- make unclean, impure


*****


I Corinthians 3:18-21    Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Therefore let no man glory in men.


*****

Before we were born again, we were wise and desired to be wise.

After I was born again, I knew wisdom is from God and if I know anything at all it is because God enabled me to know it, God put the knowledge into my heart.  I know wisdom is not of myself.


*****