Sunday, June 18, 2017

BOOK: Exhortations

Amazon.com
e-Book & paperback



Volume 6 ... #31
For Those Who Belong To God ... To The "Called" According To "HIS Purpose"

Romans 8:28 ... the apostle Paul says ... And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to HIS purpose.


*****

Even in secular matters, I have seen this happen ... things planned didn't go as planned but they ended up working out even better than I planned.

I replaced a sofa in my theatre room.  A young man who was doing some work for me said he would come the next day and carry the old sofa away.  But he didn't show up the next day!   I didn't think much about this because people frequently tell me they will do something and then fail to do what they said they would do.  I forgave him.

The old sofa sat in the dining room area and I realized I really like that sofa and I might use it in my bedroom when someone came here who was able to move it for me.

I injured my back at the end of August (2016) and it continued giving me trouble, especially when I tried to sit and watch a TV program.  I frequently needed to lie down and watch.  But the new sofa, rattan, had cushions that were very hard and I needed to replace the foam with a softer foam.  So I had no place (at that time) in theatre room to lie down.  

As I considered this, I realized the old sofa cushions might fit the rattan sofa.  They did!  They are soft foam so I could use them, until I got softer foam in rattan sofa cushions. 

I was so glad the young man failed to pick up the old sofa.  It turned out I really needed it.

Then I remembered Romans 8:28 ...

When we belong to God, all things work out to good ... according to HIS purpose! 


*****