Saturday, June 10, 2017

BOOK: Exhortations

Amazon.com
e-Book & paperback





Volume 6 ... #23 
Must Not Allow The Word Of God To Be Stolen From Our Hearts

Revelation 12 ... And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.  And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.  


*****

When we hear a word from the Spirit of God, we rejoice greatly in that Word.  The devil awaits to steal that Word from us if we would let him.

Therefore we keep that Word we have heard before us for a season until that Word develops a deep root system and can bear fruit in us, not allowing that Word to slip away and be replaced by substitutes which do not profit and kill the fruit of God.

Mk. 4 ...  The sower soweth the word. And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts. 

And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;  And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended. 

And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,  And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful. 

And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.


*****

God told Joshua what to do in order to keep that word from being stolen from him.

God said ...  

Joshua 1 ...  Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.  


*****

In September, 2016, I was going through several secular problems in dealing with my existing house which had water damage.  I also had a few other items go faulty with age and use.  As I would speak with secular people who dealt in these matters, I would find little real help.  Often there would be deceit coming from them.  Of course I had prayed.  What to do to overcome in dealing in this present world?  God gave me a word to show me.

Heb. 13 ... Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for HE hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.  So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.  


*****

I rejoiced greatly.  But I also knew it was important for me to focus on that truth and keep it before me and to act on that word to get that word planted deeply into my heart so it wouldn't be stolen from me by cares of this life and deceitful thoughts that might try to steal the word. 

For many days after hearing that concept of God being my helper, I would awaken and think of that word.  Throughout the day I would "review" that word, thinking of God and how HE made heaven and earth and was "my helper" as I live on this earth. 

In such a case, how can evil people deceive me as I try to deal with secular issues?  If I stay awake, and focus on God, and not allow what HE shows me to be stolen or reasoned away, won't I overcome?  As I try to do what is right in the sight of God, won't I overcome this world and their worldly reasoning?

It is very important to understand this concept! 

*****