Wednesday, June 7, 2017

BOOK: Exhortations


Amazon.com
e-Book & paperback



Volume 6 ... #20
Our Hope When We Have To Deal With A Worldly Business


We who are of God cannot deal with people of this world the way the "wise" people of this world deal.  We cannot take business to court to get what is right. 

That would violate I Cor. 6:7 ...

Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?

So we would not want to do that.  We cannot strive for every penny as the world does.  Nor would we want to do this.


*****

I find I am often charged what I think to be too much for such things as utilities and TV... How can I possibly fight ATT?  I can't.  Nor do I want to do so.

What is our hope as we deal with repair services ... utility services ... and various businesses when we have to replace chairs and such that have worn out.

John tells us the whole world lies in wickedness.  I Jn. 5

Paul said evil men and seducers will wax worse and worse ... deceiving ... II Tim. 3

God called the following to my attention to give me comfort as I have to deal with various worldly services and businesses.

Heb. 13:5-6 ... Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for HE hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

***** 

I would not deliberately deal with a business I could not trust to do the job.  But God knows the real truth about each person with whom we deal.

There are people who say things which "tip" me off about their character.  I do not deal with them after seeing such.

There are many deceivers.

But nothing is hidden from God no matter what they do.

Twice in dealing with the man who built this house, when he billed me the price was greater than he said it would be.  He explained what had happened.  Is he a crook?  God knows.  Or was it an honest mistake?  Usually I cannot judge such.  But God knows.  I always pay what a man says I owe.  I do not see how we can do like the people of this world and hold a man's feet to the fire, refusing to pay even when the price is more than we thought it was going to be.  I can't live that way.  I pay what the other person says I owe.

But even if a man defrauds me, I believe God will take care of me while HE leaves me on this earth.

God knows we have to deal with secular matters here.  God gives us wisdom along the way to know what to do.

*****

In 2016, a serious problem developed at my house where the stucco wall cracked and water began coming into the walls, rising danger to the house interior.  My contractor said he thought the problem was the sprinkler.  It was going to be very costly to repair the wall and prevent future water damage to the stucco.  As I dealt with the problem, the thought came to turn the sprinkler off in that small area and allow the grass to die there.  It is an unseen area and really a wasted area.  This is what I did.  I believe my help was from God in this matter.

(Later, for a very reasonable price, contractor sealed the cracks on outside and repainted wall, providing further protection which he believes will hold up for a long time.)


*****

God promises that HE will help us on this present earth as we try to deal with secular things and we will not have to fear what man will do to us because of our trust in God.  I find that scripture to be very helpful in keeping my countenance from deteriorating.

Heb. 13:5 ... Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for HE hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.



*****

We put our trust in God and make adjustments as we feel God shows us to do so.   


*****