Thursday, June 29, 2017

BOOK: Psalms

Amazon.com
e-Book & paperback




*Psalm 119


*****
41-43

Let THY mercies come also unto me, O Lord, even THY salvation, according to THY word. So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in THY WORD. 

And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in THY judgments.


*****
44-48

So shall I keep THY law continually for ever and ever.  

And I will walk at liberty: for I seek THY precepts.  

(For us, doing the Word from God is liberty from the sins of this world.) 


I will speak of THY testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed. 

And I will delight myself in THY commandments, which I have loved. 

My hands also will I lift up unto THY commandments, which I have loved; and I will meditate in THY statutes.

***** 
49-52

Remember the word unto THY servant, upon which THOU hast caused me to hope. 

This is my comfort in my affliction: for THY WORD hath quickened me. 

The proud have had me greatly in derision: yet have I not declined from THY law.
 

I remembered THY judgments of old, O Lord; and have comforted myself.


*****
53-56

Horror hath taken hold upon me because of the wicked that forsake THY law.
 

THY statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage.
 

I have remembered THY name, O Lord, i
n the night, and have kept THY law.
 

This I had, because I kept THY precepts.



*****