Wednesday, May 22, 2019

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Jesus ... Don't be afraid.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Some church people have a wrong idea about the Holy Spirit.  They think the spirit takes over and makes the people do strange things which they do not want to do.

There used to be a church called "Holy Rollers" where they would roll about on the floor, thinking the "spirit" came on them and caused them to do this.  It was a "spirit" alright but not the Holy Spirit.

I visited a non-denominational church once where pastor was speaking and a woman jumped up out of her seat, raised her hands in the air, shouted "Praise the Lord" and ran all over the room shouting.  The people in the congregation became very excited and began laughing as if something was really happening.  They thought she had "the spirit".  She had a spirit but not the Spirit of Jesus.  It was a strange spirit which disrupted the service.  I was horrified that this was happening, and that it was not only allowed by the minister, but approved by him and by his congregation!

***

Paul said, concerning the gathering of the church ... Let all things be done decently and in order.  (I Corinthians 14:40)

The Holy Spirit does not make you do anything.

You still have full choice.

I Corinthians 14:32-33    the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.


***

But the wonderful thing is the Spirit of Jesus in us, The Holy Spirit, gives us ideas, concepts, thoughts to show us the will of God in the issues of this present life so we can know the way to go in the matter at hand.

As Christians, we want to do the will of God.

Paul explains:

I Corinthians 2:9-13    But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit:
for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.


Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.


***

Romans 8:9    if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.

All real Christians have been given the Spirit of Jesus to live inside them when they believe in God.

Ephesians 1:13-14    In WHOM ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in WHOM also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory.

***

Jesus spoke to HIS disciples concerning "The Spirit" which the Father would give them.

HE called the Spirit, "The Spirit of Truth" ... and "The Comforter."

The Spirit of Jesus, The Holy Spirit, who lives in the believer, will bring to mind scriptures and godly concepts which keep us on the path of God as we live in this present world.

All believers automatically have the Spirit of Jesus, the Holy Spirit, for that is the Spirit given to them by God as soon as they believe what God has said.

I have found "believers" in many different church groups, but not all in those church groups are truly believers, for some joined the church by the will of man, often for secular reasons.

Having the Spirit of Jesus in you is the mark showing other believers your identification.


***

Examples:  One of the things the Spirit of Jesus in us does is bring to our mind the Word of God to show us truth.

John 15:26    Jesus says:  But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, HE shall testify of ME:

In the following, we will see the Holy Spirit rise up to remind us of that spoken to us by The Word, the Holy Scriptures... therefore the Holy Spirit testifies of Jesus (The Word) as HE reminds us of The Word so we will not be swept away by men of this world and their ideas.

***


This week, Pam Padgett and I were watching  WWII documentary on television.  This was story of Hitler's plans for various countries after he won the war.  

Hitler was consumed with architecture.  He planned great buildings for Germany and even had a few of these built before the war began.  He focused on the Coliseum in Rome and the fact that this structure had stood for many years, though some decay had surfaced.  Hitler wanted to build gigantic buildings that would last decades.

As he spoke of his desires, it came to my mind that Jesus said the time would come when not one stone would stand upon another... also I was reminded of Peter saying this heaven and this earth would pass away. 

I mentioned this to Pam and she said she had thought of exactly the same thing. 

This is an example of Jesus living in us and Jesus manifesting HIS truth to us



***


The Holy Spirit of Jesus lives in the believer and calls to mind the truth presented by Jesus.


Matthew 24 ... The disciples were in awe of the building of the temple in Jerusalem.  They pointed this great structure out to Jesus. 

v. 2    And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.


All that we can see with our natural eye will end up being destroyed by God in the last days.



***


The apostle Peter said:

II Peter 3 ...  But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 

Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of Him in peace, without spot, and blameless. 


*** 

We are kept by the Spirit of Jesus WHO lives in us. 

For He reminds us of truth so we will not be swept away by the wonders worshipped by the people of this present world! 

The Spirit of Jesus lives in us. 

And we have the promise from Jesus that HIS Spirit will do the following for us.



John 14:26  



- HE will teach you all things  (secular and spiritual)

- HE will remind you of everything Jesus has said, for that is truth

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.


John 16:13

- HE will guide you into all truth
- HE will show you things to come

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.


***

Yes ... HE will even show us things to come... by the will of God.

This is not like fortunetellers who seek to know things to come ... for this is evil in the sight of God.

But by the will of God, there are times God shows us things to come by HIS Spirit.

God gave me a dream showing me I could not go out through my cousin's house.  A few months after this dream, my mother died and my cousin tried to get me to move to city where she lived with husband and two adult aged sons.  Because of dream, I knew not to do this thing.  Otherwise I might have moved there.

It turned out that husband died unexpectedly.  One son had to be forced by his mother before he would come help his mother.  The other son who was willing to help his mother lived 90 miles away.

Then my cousin died.

***

Another time I was shown something that was coming ... In approximately 1981, I was given a dream where I was in a tall, glass building.  Something began to happen outside.  It was like bombs began falling on the building and the building began swaying as if it would fall in upon us.  I heard these words, "It is not the first bombing but the second."  I also heard, "The world will never be the same again."

I did not know what this dream meant.  Since it was a tall, glass building I thought it could be a bank and might be showing the collapse of the banking industry.

Twenty years later, I saw my dream happening on live TV.

It was the destruction of the World Trade Center, the twin towers, in NYC, September 11, 2001.

Also there were two more dreams given me showing this event.

In one dream, I was in a cafΓ©.  One ambulance after another soared past my building with sirens screaming.

I saw this happen several times on TV on September 11, 2001.

And in another dream, my mother and I were in New Jersey and were looking back toward the tip of Manhattan.  Great billows of smoke were rising in the air.  It was clear that when the dust cleared, the landmarks which once stood there would be gone.

(I also saw this in the TV newscast on September 11, 2001.)

The Holy Spirit sometimes shows us things to come ... by the will of God HE shows us this. 


*** 

Examples of Jesus in us:

I am now living in Colorado. On May 20, 2019, it began snowing. It snowed all day and night and the trees were heavy with several inches of very wet snow the following morning!

The thought came to me: "What if it were this way all summer?"  

And immediately I was reminded, by the Spirit of God in me, of the following promise of God, truth from God, from the Bible.  

Genesis 8:22 ... While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease. 

Don't be concerned, as this world is, about global warming and such things. God is in charge and has promised us summer and winter, seedtime and harvest, so we can have food while we live here.

And we know from Bible this present world will be destroyed by God in the end and God has prepared for us a new heaven and a new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness. 

* I Peter 3 ... But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 

Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.


* Revelation 21 ... And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and HE will dwell with them, and they shall be HIS people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there by any more pain: for the former things are passed away. 

And HE that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new 


***

God helps us by the Spirit of Jesus that is in us.  

In John 14:26 and John 16:13, cited above, notice Jesus said the Holy Spirit would "teach us all things" and "guide us into all truth." 

After moving to Colorado in 2019, a question arose concerning my 24-year-old car which Pam Padgett had driven from Texas to Colorado for me.  This car is lower in height than the modern SUV cars, and after my accident in December 2018, I was concerned that I would need my old car, due to my physical condition.  I had used this car with my mother in the 1990's and she was able to get from her wheelchair into the car.  Now I was faced with the same circumstance so I felt we might need this lower height car in Colorado. 

When I bought the car in 1994, I registered car in the name of the ministry, as-well-as in my name, because I felt we might use it in ministry by transporting older people to doctor and other appointments.  The car has a very big trunk to transport wheelchair/walkers and other items.  Since car is lower to ground, it is also easier to load these needed items for handicap people and is often easier for shorter people to get onto the car seat.  

The physical therapist taught me to get into Pam's SUV, but it is much more work for me to do this, so when I go out with Pam, we take my old car. 

In June, my car license and insurance expire.  However, my driver's license from Texas is good through 2021.  Since I do not know if I will drive again, I had no plan to apply for Colorado driver's license.  But I did need insurance and car plates from Colorado.  And I need new permanent handicap permits, for my handicap car tags were going to have to be changed to Colorado plates by July 1. 

The problem became far more complex than one would think when Pam began working through the state requirements.  

God's ways are "easy" ... not complex.    

I knew there was another plan, so I suggested we stop and pray and wait a little before taking action. We had another month before we needed these things. 

After a few days, a very simple plan came to Pam's mind. 

Instead of signing over the car title to Pam, as we had planned, we would just add her name to the existing car title which is currently in the name of: Jesus Ministries or Joan Boney 

(Pam is one of the "directors" of the ministry which is listed with the federal government in USA. Thus she is permitted to sell ministry property and to deal with our property. She should be able to be added to this car title.) 

By adding Pam's name to the title, we put ourselves into proper position for Pam to add the car to her insurance which will save approximately $700 per year!

It will also allow us to get handicap license plates for my car. You can only get this if the name of the handicap person is on the car title. Otherwise we would have to use hang down tags on the rear view mirror. It is so much easier to have the handicap license plates, for then you do not have to remember to hang the permit on the rear view mirror each time you park the car.

Also this should make the process to have fewer steps and issues which make it much easier.


***

How do you know if you have God's plan? 

James 3:17  But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. 

If the plan is difficult, complex, deceptive, or expensive ... I always suspect I do not have God's best plan ... and I usually back off and pray and wait until another plan comes to my mind. 

I've always found God's plans are easy and simple. So I seek God's plan when I am confronted with doing something on this earth. 

The way to get God's plan is to pray and wait. 

God's plans are easy to do.

The world's plans, the plans of humans, are often very complex and involved and difficult and often put great strain on us and even on other people, as we try to accomplish the purpose.

And we have the following promise from God

James 1:5 

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 

So ask God for HIS wisdom, and wait for HIS plan to come to your mind.


***

One day Pam drove my old car and accidentally lowered one of the back seat windows and could not get the window to raise. 

I suggested her calling a car window replacement company to fix the window.

They estimated that it would take $450 to do this work.

I was shocked.

She called another business, a small window replacement business. The man was able to raise the window with a suction cup device. It did not fix the window but it did raise the window and he wouldn't take any money for doing this work.

Raising the window is all we needed so the car could sit outside in the weather.

We put tape over the roll down buttons on the inside of the car to discourage anyone from lowering the window again.

God's plan is easy to be intreated ... and it is not exorbitantly expensive.


*****