Monday, May 27, 2019

Creating a "memorial" before God


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The angel of God, told Cornelius the following:  (Acts 10:4)

Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.

***

You might not have any extra money to give, but you do have something you can give to the needy ... you can give prayers and you can give the word of God to those in need!

I frequently come across "needy" people ... those people who need the word of God.

Examples:  (alms for needy)

* A man told me recently his son is "bipolar".  Basically this is depression.  If his adult aged son can receive the information I have on dealing with destructive thoughts and can learn to take his depression to God and put faith in God, he can be helped.  I sent him instruction by letter and sent him one of our books, Dealing With Destructive Thoughts.

* My cousin said she gets along well until evening and then she has trouble.  She is "needy."  She has been a church goer all her life.  I sent her letter and told her if she will turn to God in prayer in faith each time she begins to feel a problem,  God will help her that night.

Most people that I come across have problems which they end up revealing to me.  Usually the basis of their trouble is they fail to turn to God with the problem.  When they reveal such, I always try to help that person.  (alms to the needy)

*  Recently a woman came to Pam's house and as she spoke with me she revealed that she has parents who are in their 80's.  Parents are Pentecostal faith.  Mother can work computer and get on Internet.  I told her about our hymn blog and demonstrated it to her, for I felt her mother would be greatly edified by using these hymns.  Her dad can't operate computer. But we are getting ready to publish in paper our hymn blog with the exhortations beneath each hymn.  When this book is available, I can give it to this woman for her father.

* Physical therapist revealed some thinking about God to me.   I gave her 3 of my paper books and showed her how to easily and effectively use these books, by putting book in bathroom and reading small portions of book at a "sitting".  Then think about what she has read that day, and apply it to her life.  (All my books are filled with scripture and this is one easy way to view small portions of scripture and learn to apply such to life.)

***

The poor people I come across are not in need of money but are very much in need of the Word of God and of information on turning to God in prayer and putting your trust in God.

I believe our sharing of such things is the creating of a "memorial" before God.

(And of course we can pray for these people ... praying that God will open their eyes and help them.)

***

*  A young woman in her 20's, mother of two young children, came to Pam Padgett's house and I had opportunity to meet her and to visit with her.  She had been removing snow from her driveway in January and a car came down the hill and slid into her, running over her.  She almost died.

As she spoke to me the subject of God came up and I spoke freely about God and things of God with her and then gave a book that I felt would be appropriate for her at her point in life.

Later Pam told me this woman didn't know if she believed in God until she was almost killed.  After that, she said she did believe there is a God and that HE saved her from being killed.

She needs foundational information about God and Bible, which is what I gave her.


***

I have found that most people who think they need money really need a different way of life.

To seek things of this world and more money is a deadly trap causing a "love of money" in the person who seeks more money.

I Timothy 6     But godliness with contentment is great gain.  For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.  And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.



Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.


People who are in debt often think constantly about getting more money.  The "love" of something causes you to think about it a great deal.

Instead, they need to turn to God, asking HIM to help them to get out of debt ... and once out of debt, learn to live below their means and stay out of debt.

Sometimes we need to cut back ... I'm in process of doing this in my life right now.  The move to Colorado in February caused many extra expenses.  Everything has been paid and now I am conscious of an adjustment needed until the house in Texas sells.  I have taken steps to reduce expenditures, such as:  adjusting insurance on house in Texas to reduce yearly fees,  having thermostat set to reduce utilities on house,  cutting down sprinkler to once weekly to reduce water expense, reducing cost of advertising blog to off set house expenses in Texas until house sells.

Certainly until the house in Texas sells, I will be conscious of those things I choose to buy which can be put on hold.

I don't want to think about money, but until this house sells I am conscious of reducing expenses, especially those expenses that are optional in my life.


***

What you do not want to do is to allow money to be the reason for changing jobs, for this can cause you to take the wrong job and can end up causing you great trouble and grief.

Unless you really love the job and the work, it will be a terrible burden to you.

Jesus says:  Matthew 6:19-21    Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 


(We lay up treasure in heaven by seeking God's will for us through prayer and Bible reading, in each matter pertaining to this life.)


For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

v. 24   No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. 

v. 33   But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

(We seek the kingdom of God by prayer and by seeking the will of God in all that we do on this earth and then by doing that which we believe to be right in the sight of God.)

If you want to leave an inheritance for your children, seek the will of God in all things pertaining to this present life, and do God's will as you are able to see God's will.

That example is the greatest inheritance you could ever leave for your children


*****