Sunday, May 26, 2019

Idolatry among the churches today


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In Galations 5:20, one of the works of the flesh is listed as "Idolatry."

Idolatry is defined as follows:  Worshipping someone or something as if it is a god.


***

So many church goers worship their church and their pastor.

They proudly tell you which church they attend, thinking they do service to God when all they do by this is divide the body of Christ.

Paul calls them "carnal".

I Corinthians 3:1-4    And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?



(Today one says, "I'm Baptist ..."  and as soon as he says this he divides himself from those who say, "I'm Methodist" or "I'm Catholic."

People who say such identify with their church group rather than identifying with Christ.  

If we belong to Christ we should simply say, "I'm of Christ ... I'm a Christian."

Those persons who ask, "Where do you go to church?", are looking to divide the body of Christ.)


***


I Corinthians 3:5-6     Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.


v. 11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.


***

Religious people like to praise their pastors and their church ... rarely do you ever hear them praise the Word of God.

This is indeed a perilous time and these religious people would sweep us away with themselves if we allowed it.

They want to glory in our flesh.  If we happen to be like them, attending their type of church group, they glory in the church group, but they rarely speak of the Word of God.

I try to avoid them and their religious, but ungodly, questions ... knowing that by such questions they bring strife and divisions.


*****