Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Answers to prayers


Pam Padgett ... member of body of Christ


I wanted to share an answer to prayer yesterday ...

We had initially planned to put the title to Joan's car in my name so it could be insured under my policy and registered with me as the licensed driver. (Joan doesn't know if she will be driving again, so doesn't plan to get a Colorado driver's license at this time)

But then we found that we could get only hanging handicap placards unless the car owner qualifies for a handicap license plate. (Joan qualifies but if we remove her name from title of car, she will not be owner of car!)

It was becoming very complex trying to work through getting insurance, handicap license plate, and car registration.

***

We put the project on hold until we felt we had wisdom from God on the matter.

Yesterday I was praying about this again, and had the idea to just add my name to the car title.

Then the car would be titled in the following names:

- Jesus Ministries
- Joan Boney
- Pam Padgett

This would leave Joan as one of the owners, so we should be able to get a handicap license plate, and me as an "owner" and the licensed driver for insurance and registration purposes.

Later in the day I spoke with my insurance woman. She said if my name was added to the title, the car can be covered under my insurance. (This adds just $71 per year to my car insurance.   Joan has been paying $700 per year for car insurance so this would be a considerable savings.)

Today I spoke with a woman at the DMV and she told me what we need to do to have my name added to the title. She said it would be best if both Joan and I could go to a DMV office and add my name to the title at the same time the car is being titled in Colorado. This can be done at the DMV office very near to where Joan and I plan to get our hair cut (we both need hair cuts)

Before going to the DMV we'll need to have a VIN verification form filled out at a dealer. I had called a dealer last week and was told this takes only about 5 minutes and no appointment is needed.

Having that one piece of information ... to ADD my name to the car title ... allows everything else to fall into place very easily. 

Incredible!

James 3:17     But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.


***

Another answer to prayer ...

"Cat" has a toy that is a 16" stick with a long cloth string attached to one end. 

While using the vacuum cleaner in Joan's room yesterday, the toy got sucked into the vacuum cleaner. I immediately turned off the vacuum cleaner, but it was too late. The toy, including the stick, was already pulled into the inner workings of the cleaner. Just a couple inches of the string were visible, even when I took the cleaner apart as much as I knew how. I could see and feel the stick far inside a long, flexible tube, but there seemed no way to reach it. I checked the vacuum cleaner manual to see if there was any way to take the unit apart more, but didn't find anything that helped.

As I was working on this, I was talking with God, asking for help, telling HIM I had no idea how to get this toy out of the vacuum cleaner.

Then a thought came to turn the vacuum cleaner upside-down. I did this and felt the flexible tube to see where the stick was now, but couldn't find it. 

At first I was startled, wondering "What had happened to the stick?"

Then my attention was drawn to the end of the flexible tube that was now near the floor since the vacuum was upside down. There, at the mouth of the tube, was the end of the stick! 

I simply reached down and pulled it out of the vacuum cleaner, together with the cloth string that was still attached to the stick. 


***

James 1:5   If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 


Matthew 7:7-11  Jesus says:  Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask Him?


*****