Sunday, May 19, 2019

Being glorified


John 12:19-30    The people therefore that was with HIM when HE called Lazarus out of his grave, and raised him from the dead, bare record. 

For this cause the people also met Him, for that they heard that HE had done this miracle. 

The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, Perceive ye how ye prevail nothing? behold, the world is gone after Him.

And there were certain Greeks among them that came up to worship at the feast:

The same came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus.

Philip cometh and telleth Andrew: and again Andrew and Philip tell Jesus.

And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.


Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

If any man serve ME, let him follow ME; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve ME, him will MY Father honour.

Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

Father, glorify thy name

Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.

The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to Him. 

Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of ME, but for your sakes.



***

(Comments by Joan Boney)

When we think of God glorifying Jesus, we probably do not think of the cross where evil men were going to kill Jesus.

We probably do not think of John the Baptist and Herod beheading John because he spoke against the adultery committed by Herodias and Herod.

By death man is glorified by God.

***

On January 10, 1980, I was asleep in the night.  I was awaken by a very loud trumpet-like voice blowing into my ear three words:  Hartford, Seattle, KWJS

(It was obvious to me that KWJS would be call letters for either radio or TV.  I looked it up and found it was radio.)

I said to God:  "Are YOU telling me to go on radio.  I wouldn't know how to do that.  I'm a writer, not a speaker."

A gentle thought came into my mind:  "Call the radio station manager."

I called that same morning, as soon as the station opened, and asked to speak to the station manager.

I told him that I thought God might be showing me to go on radio.  I asked, "How would you do that?"

Station manager replied:  "Make an audition tape 29 1/2 minutes long and if you fit our broadcasting we will offer you a contract."

I had a cassette recorder at my apartment so I made an audition tape that same morning and sent it to station manager.

(After you believe you have heard from God, the longer you wait the more opportunity you give to be reasoned out of doing that which you feel God has shown you.)

Within about 3 days, the station offered me a contract and the following week I was broadcasting radio broadcasts on station KWJS.

Within a year or so, the broadcasts had spread from KWJS to stations in NYC area (Hartford) to Seattle.   

Thus the words:  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS" ... came to pass.


***

At first, I was very popular, speaking the messages I had been given by God concerning the subjects of taking thoughts captive and following God by HIS Spirit.

In approximately 1982, God said to me:  "The foundation is laid.  Now we're really going to move."

I was very excited, not realizing the move ahead was going to cost me my life and popularity on radio.

Being glorified by God often means you are going to have the opportunity to lay down your life.


***


A few weeks later, God said to me:  "The time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God."

Then God revealed to me sins being committed by some of the big-time TV/Radio ministers.

I tried to deliver these warnings to the ministers.  Even though I was relatively well known among the ministers at that time, I could not get the messages to these ministers.

So I decided to present the messages on my radio broadcasts, naming the ministers by name.

Then the messages quickly got through to the ministers.

One of those ministers was Jimmy Swaggart who owned two of the radio stations on which I was broadcasting.  They stopped my broadcasts as soon as they heard the message.

About 1/2 of my stations put me off the air.

Hate mail from the followers of these ministers poured into my office.  

Offerings reduced greatly.

My own staff hated to be associated with me.  My office manager said they would like to wear paper bags over their heads when they came to my meetings so no one would know who they were.

My best friend asked, "Joan ... is there any way you could be wrong?"

I replied, "No."

(She left me and wanted no more to do with me ... even to this day, 39 years later!)

The radio station manager at Seattle said to me:  "Joan ... you have some very good messages ... Just speak those messages ... If you continue to speak these judgment messages, I don't know what might happen to you ...  We might have to put you off the air."

Instantly, the Holy Spirit replied through me as follows:

"George ... if I don't speak the message I believe to be from God, then I don't have a message ... and I  may as well be off the air."

(They put me off the air ... about 1/2 of my stations continued broadcasting the messages I had for  the church.)

This was a very difficult time for me ... a cross ... glorification by God!


***

There's more ... then in late 1981, God gave me a dream.

In this dream, I saw an established piece of land.  All of a sudden, one entire part of this land broke and slid away ... then another piece went ... then another ... then another.  The break was silent and it was very terrible to see.    And I heard these words, "It will be alright through January but in February it will break loose."

I did broadcast this on my radio stations... but I didn't know what it meant until later.

February, 1982, came and went and nothing happened.

People called me "a false prophet."

Masses of people began withdrawing from me.

I didn't understand at the time, for I continued to know the dream was from God.  I didn't hear the year in the dream, but assumed it would be the upcoming February which was February, 1982.

After going though several Februaries during the next years, with nothing happening, God showed me an amazing thing.

The February dream, where sections of establish lands broke and slid away, represented people sliding away from me!

Radio people would leave me in mass during this time in February, 1982!

So something did happen at that time.  We just didn't recognize it.  And it was terrible to see this.


***

Isaiah 55 ... God says:

8-11    MY thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways MY ways, saith the Lord.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are MY ways higher than your ways, and MY thoughts than your thoughts.


For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 

So shall MY word be that goeth forth out of MY mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.


***

In the years, after that time, three of the five ministers of whom I spoke, were publically humiliated.

Jim Bakker was revealed as committing adultery with his church secretary, Jessica Hann.  He was also convicted of defrauding his church group through his theme park hotel where he oversold the room capacities and he went to prison.

Jimmy Swaggart was caught twice with prostitutes and defrocked by The Assembly of God church group.

Robert Tilton was exposed on ABC Primetime Live on several counts.  He and his wife divorced and they lost their large church property.  The church building was torn down and a secular facility erected on the site.  There is no evidence today that a church group ever met at that location.  And one of his own church group filed lawsuit against him when he failed to receive 100-fold return on his offerings as Bob had promised.

(Shamefully each of these accounts appear on Wikipedia.)

But none of those people who once associated with me returned to me.  They made their decisions and once they were gone, they were gone.


***

Today my life is wonderful ... even better than before.

I write these exhortations daily to the church on this blog.

I write and publish books for the church on Amazon.

At 81-years-of-age. I am able to work comfortably at my own home doing these exhortation for the church.  Through Amazon the books go all over the world.  Also the blog goes all over the world.

Everything is done at no expense to the ministry, so we have no fund raising pressure!

I don't see how anything could be better than it is now... 40 years after I broadcast these judgment messages on radio.


***

Job 42:12    So the Lord blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning:


Concerning Jesus ...

Philippians 2:5-9    Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
And being found in fashion as a man, HE humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 

(There was no greater humiliation than death on a cross at the time Jesus lived on this earth.)


Wherefore God also hath highly exalted HIM, and given HIM a name which is above every name:



*****