Friday, May 10, 2019

Spiritual gift of helps

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

NT apostle, minister anointed by God to deal with scripture and church doctrine based on scripture

NT prophet, minister anointed by God to bring correction to church, to correct both ministers and individuals.

***

In I Corinthians 12, Paul speaks of "a spiritual gift of helps".

And God hath set some in the church (to care for the church), first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

***

It has been so obvious to me for many years that Pam Padgett has the spiritual  gift of helps.

* When one of our people moved from Houston to Lubbock, Texas, Pam flew from Colorado to Houston to help her move.

* When I moved from Clovis, New Mexico, (USA) to Lubbock, Texas, Pam drove from Colorado to Clovis to help me move.

* Pam would, on occasion, go to her next door neighbor and shovel snow from his driveway.  (Jim was in mid 80's at that time.)

And as she helps, she does it with such joy!

One of the main differences between the flesh and the spirit is when we are trying to do something because we think we have to do that thing, there may be resentment or dread.  

But when it is the Spirit motivating us to do something, there is joy.

(I have a spiritual gift of exhortation, Romans 12:8.  I have such joy when God leads me to write or speak.  It is not a burden to me nor is it even a duty, though it is my duty for it is my job, assigned by God to do such, but it doesn't feel like a duty.  It is just a joy to get to do this for it is a spiritual gift to both me and the church.)


***

We must not try to copy another's spiritual gift.

I watch the many things Pam Padgett does which I could not do even when I was physically able.  And I marvel at God, knowing God gave Pam that gift and it is not of herself.

I could never do these things Pam does.  But since I know they are spiritual gifts, assignments given by God, I do not feel guilty that I cannot do them.

Some people get in very serious trouble by trying to do something because they see others do that thing.  This is a path to destruction.


Copiers are spoken about in Jude.

vv.17-19    But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;  How that they told you there should be mockers (those who copy others) in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

***

Kenneth Copeland was a pilot for Kenneth Hagin.

Copeland said he decided he could do what Hagin did in preaching.

According to Copeland's testimony, he shut himself up in his garage and set about to memorize Hagin's teachings, copying Hagin.

Copeland became very rich and famous in ministry.

But I never saw the Spirit of God in Kenneth Copeland and God once even told me Copeland was "antichrist" … 

Antichrist is not one man but is a spirit in man who teaches things opposite to scripture.  There were already many antichrist in the days of the apostles John and Paul, according to John.
  

I John 2:18     Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.


***


Marilyn Hickey said she got an acting coach to help her to be more interesting in her speaking to the church.

The apostle Paul said …

I Corinthians 2:1-5    And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. 

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.   

And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.   

And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:    

That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. 

***

Paul didn't try to entice men by cleverness … Paul deliberately determined to speak only those things God wanted spoken.


***

Preachers often try to be clever and entertaining.  And they copy one another rather than depending totally on the Spirit of God.

They bring another spirit into the church this way … and the people love it!

But it is to destruction in the end.

Paul saw this in his day and wrote about it as follows:

II Corinthians 11    But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.

But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things.


***

The gifts of God for the church are to our good and salvation in the ways of God by the Spirit of God, and not by the cleverness or intellect of man.


*****