Thursday, May 16, 2019

God makes provision for us as long as HE chooses to leave us on this present earth.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When circumstances of our lives change, we, as humans are often frightened!

But will God stop making a way of provision for us just because we have grown too old to work?

Isaiah 46:4  God says ...    And even to your old age I am HE; and even to hoar hairs (gray hair) will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.


***

And God promises the following for those who forsake "lands" (jobs) for HIS sake and the gospels. 

Mark 10:26-30    Then Peter began to say unto Him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.

And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for MY sake, and the gospel's,  But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.


***

When my cousin went to work as a secretary, she said to her prospective boss:  "Just one thing ... I will not lie for you."


***

In the early 1980's, God gave me messages for radio broadcasts concerning taking thoughts captive and following God by HIS Spirit.  These messages were very popular with the church people.

Then in 1982, God said to me:  "The time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God."

God began showing me sins being committed by various ministers and had me give those messages to the specific ministers.

But I found I could not get these messages to the ministers though I was relatively famous in ministry circles in those days.

When I couldn't reach the ministers, I began giving the message on my radio broadcasts, naming the minister by name.  Then the message reached the minister!

(One scripture, God gave me to give me courage to name minister by name in front of all on my radio broadcasts, was the following example of Paul warning the church about Alexander the coppersmith:  II Timothy 4:14-15   Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:  Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words.)


***

One minister, Jimmy Swaggart, owned two of my radio stations.  They stopped my broadcasts immediately, putting me off the air.

Would God allow this to happen?  

Didn't God allow Jesus to die on a cross for our sins?  Didn't God allow John the Baptist to be beheaded by Herod because John spoke against adultery?


***

God told Elijah to hide after he gave a message to King Ahab.

In 1982, God gave me a dream showing me I was in great danger ... and my foe was very strong ... God said to me in the dream, "Don't go until you see Exodus 15."

I cancelled all public meetings for the remainder of the year and stayed alone in my apartment in Dallas with unlisted telephone.  

(The first thing God had me do, before I went on radio, was to unlist my telephone... so it was already done when I received the judgment messages 2 years later.)

A woman in our church group at that time said to me, "Joan ... you must go out and have meetings for if you go out they will give money and if you don't go out they will not give money."

I replied:  "God told me, 'Don't go.'  I'm not going."

My office manager at that time, a woman in the Faith Movement, questioned me when I told her the dream and how God showed me I was in great danger if I went out into public and spoke messages to the church.  She said, "Do you really think God would let you be harmed?"  

I reminded her of what happened to Jesus and to John the Baptist.

Also God had warned me concerning what would happen if I went out and God had told me, "Don't go."

Having heard that instruction from God, I don't think I could have gone out.  And I did not go out.

(The money decreased significantly ... but no matter.  There was enough to take care of me and the ministry.)

***

A very significant happening:  

In approximately 1982 ... the radio station manager in Seattle said to me:  "Joan ... you have very good messages.  Just speak those messages.  If you continue to speak these judgment messages, I don't know what is going to happen to you.  We may have to put you off the air."

My instant response (from Holy Spirit) ... "George ... If I don't speak the message I believe to be from God, then I don't have a message and I may as well be off the air."

They did put me off the air, and so did about 1/2 of my other stations.

But God provided for me and all my needs were met just as the Bible promises.  


***

There are times a Christian is fired at work because he refuses to lie or go against scripture which he believes.

It can be terrifying in such cases.

The Bible helps greatly if this happens in your life, for the examples in the Bible are there to help us to understand things of God and to help us to keep faith in God.

***

Elijah spoke a hard message to Ahab, the king.

God provided for Elijah.  God told Elijah to flee and to hide himself from Ahab.  And God told Elijah exactly where to go.  And while Elijah was there at the place God cited, God arranged for Elijah to have food.

I Kings 17:1-6    And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the Lord God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.

And the word of the Lord came unto him, saying,

Get thee hence, and turn thee eastward, and hide thyself by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.

And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there.

So he went and did according unto the word of the Lord: for he went and dwelt by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.


And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook.

The first point:  Elijah did what God told HIM to do.  Elijah went exactly where God said to go and Elijah hid himself and Elijah stayed there until God moved him.

Then when a problem arose ... when the brook dried up where Elijah was, because of the drought, God had another plan for Elijah.

I Kings 17:7-15   And it came to pass after a while, that the brook dried up, because there had been no rain in the land.

And the word of the Lord came unto him, saying,

Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which belongeth to Zidon, and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee. 


So he arose and went to Zarephath

And when he came to the gate of the city, behold, the widow woman was there gathering of sticks: and he called to her, and said, Fetch me, I pray thee, a little water in a vessel, that I may drink.
And as she was going to fetch it, he called to her, and said, Bring me, I pray thee, a morsel of bread in thine hand.

And she said, As the Lord thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse: and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die.

And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son.

For thus saith the Lord God of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the Lord sendeth rain upon the earth.

And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah: and she, and he, and her house, did eat many days.

Amazing to think God sent Elijah to a widow woman who was getting ready for her and her son to die due to the famine.  

But they didn't die.

God had a way to sustain them even in a drought and famine.

***


Will God give us specific instruction today?

Sometimes God will... other times we go out, not knowing where we are going, as Abraham did when God told him to depart from his relatives.  Either way, we act "by faith" in that word we believe we have heard from God concerning the matter at hand. 

*  On January 10, 1980, I was asleep in the night.  A very loud trumpet-like voice sounded three words into my ear, awakening me from sleep.  The words were:  Hartford, Seattle, KWJS

I knew KWJS had to be call letters to either radio or TV.  (I looked it up and found it was a radio station.)

I said to God:  "Are YOU showing me to go on radio?  I wouldn't know how to do that.  I'm a writer, not a speaker."

Immediately the following came into my mind:  "Call the radio station manager."

As soon as the station was open that morning, I called and I asked the manger how a person goes on radio.

The manager said to make an audition tape 29 1/2 minutes long and send the tape to him and if I fit their broadcasting, they would offer me a contract.

When I got off the phone, I made a tape immediately and took the finished tape to the post office and mailed it to the radio station manager.

Before the week ended I was offered a contract and was beginning week-day broadcasts to exhort the church on radio.

Notice:  In this situation, God even showed me the place to begin, KWJS.

***

In December, 2018, I fell at my house.  When the ambulance people rolled me past my front door, I heard, "You'll never see this house again."

I knew the "season" had then ended for my time at that location.

And I knew God had another plan for me even though I didn't know exactly where I would be going.

After surgery, I was placed in a rehabilitation hospital where I remained for 2 1/2 months.

During that time, I put the house, where I had been living in Texas, up for sale.

A woman who was in our little church group at that time said to me, "I don't see how you can do this."

(Apparently she didn't understand faith in God, though she had been with us 40 years and had heard me speak often of faith in God.)

I replied:  "God told me I wouldn't see my house again ... so I put house up for sale accordingly."

After I had put my house up for sale, by faith in that which I believed I heard from God, the next plan for me was revealed.  

I would move to Colorado where one of our church members took me (and my cat) into her home to live with her.  She is a very godly woman who understands faith in God and prays over circumstances.

Each time God has moved me, my life has been better than it was in the previous location.

(I don't mean I have had more money or even a bigger house ... often I had less money and a smaller house ... but a "better" life.)


***

Another example:  God was very specific in showing a woman in our little church group where she and husband were to move upon husband's retirement.

She asked God to show her in a very specific way, and God did show her.

God gave her a dream where she saw a map and she knew this was where they were to move.

NIV ... Acts 17 ... God determines the time they will live there and the exact places they will live.  (Original translation of NIV)

KJV says same thing.

Acts 17:26   (God) hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

It is God who places us where we live and the exact time when we live there ... If we are thinking it would have been better if we had been living in another period of time, we can correct our thinking by the above scripture, for our times and locations are set by God HIMSELF.

God gets us where HE wants us to be and does it in a way where we can understand what HE is telling us to do.


***

Matthew 7:7-11    Jesus says:   Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

***

But let him ask in faith:  (believing God will hear him when he prays and will answer him)

Hebrews 11:6    for he that cometh to God must believe that HE is, and that HE is a rewarder of them that diligently seek HIM.

If we pray according to the will of God, God hears our prayer.  And then we can know that we receive that which we asked of God.

I John 5:14-15    And this is the confidence that we have in HIM, that, if we ask any thing according to HIS will, HE heareth us:

And if we know that HE hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of HIM.


*****