Monday, July 23, 2018

The Word God gives you by HIS Spirit


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

There is nothing more powerful than the Word God brings to your mind by HIS Spirit.

Jesus says the gates of hell will not prevail against that Word God reveals to you. Matthew 16

Paul said he could do all things by that Word which strengthens him.  Philippians 4:13

David said:  For by THEE I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall.  Psalm 19:29


*****

I closed my business and went into the ministry full-time in 1979.

There have been many "highs" and many "lows".

In the times of most discouragement, I have clung to scriptures, which enabled me to continue the work to which God has called me, apostle, dealing with church doctrine, and prophet, bringing instruction and especially godly correction to the church.

Because of the calling, God has enabled me to continue, often building me up to continue because of these truths.

I Corinthians 15:57-58    But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ (The Word).  Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Hebrews 3:12-13   Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.   But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Exhort:  means:  to urge earnestly by advice and warning.

Hebrews 10:25   exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.



*****

And two days ago, I received this Word to keep me going, doing the Word of God.

Ephesians 4:8, 11-12   Wherefore HE saith, When HE ascended up on high, HE led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

And HE gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;  For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

The thing God emphasized to me is this:  It is Jesus who gave these gifts to the church ... Jesus who gave these ministries to help the church ... We cannot cast aside the gift of God because of the disobedience of one person.

This is an overwhelming, powerful concept for me.  And exactly what I needed at this point in time.


*****

Last night, I received an email from an ungodly woman who speaks very sad things, very negative, joyless words.

As I read her email, I became joyless.

(I did not respond to her in any way but I was very negatively affected.)

I cried out to God, "Help me … Help me … Help me …"

I cannot help myself.  I cannot deliver myself.  Only God can do that, and I know it.

I kept crying out to God.  I heard nothing.  

I read one of the Psalms and I was not helped.

I continued to cry out for help.  I asked God to somehow restore my joy.

I am currently reading Winston Churchill's book, "The Gathering Storm."

In 1935, Churchill warned parliament about HitlerChurchill said he came away in "despair."

I looked up meaning of despair.  It means "without hope."

I began to rejoice immediately, for I am not without hope.  God is my hope so I can never be without hope since I hope in HIM, and not in humans.

My joylessness became joy and I rested in peace last night.


*****



This is what God does for each of us.  We cry out to God when we are hurt, dismayed, discouraged and God sends HIS Word by HIS Spirit and delivers us and sets us up on our feet again!

*****