Sunday, July 15, 2018

Roadsigns keeping us on the highway of God


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The Word God gives us is like a "road sign" which keeps us firmly on the highway of God.

Recently a man mentioned to me a church group he really likes, although he no longer attends that group.  (I didn't ask why he no longer gathers with them.)

What this man said intrigued me.

"Maybe I could gather with that group?"  I thought.

I called them immediately.

They had a recorded message telling the location of their meeting place and the time of their scheduled meetings.

On their message they had the following:

9 a.m.   The Lord's Supper

I hung up the phone

They obviously gather to eat crackers and drink grape juice, thinking this to be The Lord's Supper, as most churches think and do.

But God has persuaded me that The Lord's Supper is the eating and drinking of the Word of God and has nothing at all to do with crackers/grape juice.

So the persuasion of God on this matter keeps me from trying to gather with this church group.


*****

We go down the highway set by God by HIS Word in the Bible and by that which we believe the Holy Spirit has shown us about that Word.  We do not veer away from what God has shown us and what we believe is from God.

Psalm 16:8-9   I have set the Lord (The Word) always before me: because HE is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.  Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

... 11  Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in THY presence is fulness of joy; at THY right hand there are pleasures for evermore.


*****

We hold fast to that which we believe God has shown us by HIS Spirit.

That word is our highway sign showing us the true path of God when it is given us by the Holy Spirit.

So many doctrines professed by various churches are based on fleshly ideas of men, traditions of men.

Jesus says:

Mark 7:7-9    Howbeit in vain do they worship ME, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.




*****