Saturday, July 14, 2018

Speaking flatteries


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophets

Those persons who speak flatteries lay a net for our feet.

In WWII, Mussolini was considering leaving Hitler and joining the British.  As he thought on this, Hitler sent a letter flattering Mussolini.  So he decided he belonged with Hitler.  This decision to join Hitler ultimately led to the killing of Mussolini.

Daniel 11:21  And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.

(You may be unaware that Hitler did come to the various leaders of nations "speaking peace".  One of Hitler's techniques was to say that he only wanted peace ... while at the same time he spoke peace, Hitler was preparing his armies, building more war equipment, and setting the date of for the next invasion.)

... 32   And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries:

... 34   many shall cleave to them with flatteries.


*****

Many men write to me saying they are ministers.  They come to me speaking great swelling words of flatteries.  I always know they are wanting something from me, usually money.

Flatteries are a net for our feet to pull us into the trap they lay for us in their heart.

Recently I was telling a woman how awful I look and how embarrassed I am when I go to beauty shop and sit down in hairdressers chair where there is a great mirror a few feet away from me and I see myself clearly.

This woman said, "I think you look good."

I'm not impressed by her words.  I can see.  I know how I look.


*****

Usually people who speak to me with flattering lips end up by God removing them from me.


Psalm 12:1-4    Help, Lord; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.

They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.

Vanity:  
- that which is worthless or futile
- that which has no value

Flatter:
- to give an unrealistically favorable statement concerning someone or something
- excessive and insincere praise given, usually to further one's own interests
- stroke or pet the ego of another
- full of praise or compliments, often insincere or untrue
- to make statements to please or gratify another person, often untrue feelings


The Lord shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things:

Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us?


*****