Monday, July 30, 2018

Man who says he can't understand.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I often receive emails from men who identify themselves as "pastors."

We have an information sheet which we send to each person who contacts us.  In that we explain those things that most minister's ask about.

One man who said he is a pastor, wrote me thanking me for the scriptures I sent him, but he said, "I can't understand."

Understanding is from God.  I can give you the word God gives me, but I can't make another person understand that word.  Only God can do that.

I have had people tell me this more than once.

One time I delivered a message by email to a woman.  She called me immediately and said, "I can't understand this message."  I replied, "I can't give you understanding.  Only God can cause you to understand.  Turn to God and ask HIM."

A few second later, she called me again and said, "I can't understand."  I replied, "I can't give you understanding.  I can only give you the message."

Only God can cause any of us to understand.  If we fail to connect to God and lack wisdom, we can ask Him.  We have the following promise.

James 1:5   If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.


*****

In Matthew 25, Jesus presents the parable of the wise and the foolish virgins as they waited for the bridegroom.  Five had oil in their lamps.  They could see the path because they had gone to HIM that sells the oil and had filled their lamps.  But five were foolish, failing to get oil in their lamps.

Matthew 25:6-12    And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.



But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.


*****


The apostle Paul said to Timothy:

Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things. II Timothy 2:7


*****