Thursday, July 19, 2018

God reveals Jesus.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Matthew 16:13-18    When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, HE asked HIS disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.


And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.


*****


The church is built upon that word that is revealed to us by God.

Nothing will overcome that word.


*****

The revealed word of God is revealed by God.  No man can reveal this to another man nor cause another man to understand.  Only God can open our eyes to see this word.  Though we can share the word which God has given us with another person, that person cannot understand the word we share unless God opens his eyes to understand what we say.

I Corinthians 2:12-14    Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.


*****

In July, 2018, a man wrote me telling me that he is a pastor.  He thanked me for the writings I do on Internet.  He said, "There's just one problem.  I can't understand them."

I didn't read any more of his letter.

I wrote telling him that I can't give him understanding.  Only God can do that.  I told him to ask God.


*****

We can't explain the Bible or things of God to people.

If those people are of God, there is "an anointing" (the Holy Spirit), in them and it is the Spirit of God who teaches man concerning the things of God.

I John 2:27    But the anointing which ye have received of HIM abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in HIM.

We live in that which God has put in our hearts, HIS understanding.

For example:  I could never attend a church group that thinks The Lord's Supper is the eating of bits of crackers and the drinking of grape juice, for God has persuaded me The Lord's Supper has nothing at all to do with crackers and grape juice but is the partaking of the WORD of God in a proper manner.

Therefore I live where God has given me understanding.

*****