Sunday, April 1, 2018

Scriptures for meditating from today's writing

I want to get scripture more deeply inside me and I know we can do that by meditating throughout the day on key scriptures.

I have gone through this writing today and have selected various scriptures today that are especially meaningful to me at this point in time.  I have grouped those scriptures together.  And have sent them by email to myself so when I open my email throughout that day, those scriptures will be there and this will give me more opportunity to think of those scripture and do them.

You might want to make your own list of scriptures that stands out to you as you read today's writings.  That makes them so personal to your needs.

Joan Boney

*****

Joshua 1    5  There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

7-9   Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.


*****

Hebrews 10:25-31  exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.   

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,  But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 

He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:  

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?  


***** 
Revelation 16:5-7 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.
For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy. 
And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments. 
*****