Saturday, April 21, 2018

Matthew 10:26-28


Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.

What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.


*****
Pam Padgett ... Member of the body of Christ

Yesterday while working through the contractor's business partner having lied about how long it would take to do the project, one of the scriptures that strengthened me was II Timothy 1:8, which had been on the blog earlier this week and stood out to me. I've had this on a list of scriptures I email to myself and have been reviewing it.

Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

The "testimony of our Lord", what God said in this matter, is that this man lied. When I first heard this from the Holy Spirit, my eyes were opened and I immediately said, "Oh yeah ... that's right!"

But I knew it was very likely that the contractor would try to justify what his business partner said and think I was over-reacting, thinking me to be wrong for deciding to not do business with them.

Having been meditating on II Timothy 1:8 for a day or two before this happened, however, strengthened me to hold onto, and uphold, what God has said, even knowing I would probably suffer and be thought to be wrong by the contractor by telling this.

I rejoice that God prepared me for this battle.


*****

While turning to God this morning with destructive thoughts regarding this matter, I was reminded of, and helped by, two scriptures.

First I was reminded that hidden things will be brought to light, which is in the following passage ...

I Corinthians 4:3-5    But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.  For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but HE that judgeth me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, Who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.


A little later I heard "let God be true but every man a liar".

Romans 3:3-4    For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?    God forbid:  yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Whether or not others believe what God has said, what God has said is true.

We are justified before God and overcome those who judge us by believing what God has said.



*****

Comments by Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

As a young girl, Pam wanted to be popular, to be liked by other people, to think well of people... exactly opposite from that which real Christians will endure.

For we who carry the testimony of Christ will be hated as Christ was hated.  When we speak of HIM and HIS truth, we will learn what it is to suffer with HIM.

The apostle Peter says:

I Peter 4:12-19    Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when His glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.


If ye be reproached for the name of Christ
(for the truth of God), happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to Him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.


*****


Paul said:  "I die daily." 
I Corinthians 15:31

We constantly lay down our lives as we share truth from God.

If they hated the Master for speaking that which God gave HIM, they will hate HIS servants also who speak that given them by HIS Spirit.

Speaking that which God has given us is a way of life for us, though it brings death to our flesh as men hear us and speak evil of us.

It happens to me constantly, every where I go.  People think evil of me when I speak that which God has shown me.

The sadness for me is what will happen to them as they speak against the truth.

But by their evil speaking against the truth, we know them and can avoid them.

Matthew 10:14-15    Jesus says:   And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.  Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

It does hurt our flesh when we give them the greatest gift of all, the Word of God, and when they hate and despise us because we shared that truth with them.  

I have this happen almost each time I give one of my books to another person.  Either they just stare at me with no comment or when I send them a book by mail, I never hear a word from them. 

I don't think anyone I have sent a book to has ever said a word of thanks to me.  When that happens, we know their rejection of the Word of God. And we are sad for we know their fate also when they despise the truth of God and fail to rejoice in the truth.

But we keep sharing truth because we know it is important to continue to be faithful to God in our heavenly calling, sharing what HE has given us.

By sharing truth, we give them a chance at life.  So we die to our self and share God. 

And each time we do this, God restores us.

Matthew 5:10-12    Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.  Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for MY sake.  Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Luke 6:26    Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.




*****

And think of those who have gone before us as they upheld the truth of God.

Hebrews 11

24-27    By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;  Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;  Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.  By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king:  for he endured, as seeing HIM who is invisible.  

32-39   And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,  Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

(Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

And these all, having obtained a good report through faith,


We share in the kingdom of God with all who have suffered for speaking the truth.

Colossians 3:1-4    If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory.



*****