Friday, April 20, 2018

When they want nothing more to do with us after we share truth from God with them

Joan Boney … apostle/prophet


A few days ago, I shared with you on blog the story of the woman who sells trinkets at the cafe where I often get take out food.

I told her about antichrist in today's churches. (She is approximately my age, 80.)  I've talked with her many times about secular things. But that day, a couple of days ago, she brought up the subject of religion.  I identified myself to her as a minister.

I told her several things ... I told her no man should call himself Reverend.”

She replied, “I didn't know that.”

I told her Paul and Peter did not call themselves Reverend.”  

No man in Bible called himself Reverend.”

The ministers in Bible, identified themselves as apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor or teacher. (Ephesians 4:11)



She told me she is going to be baptized this week.

I asked her what it means to be baptized.

She didn't know.

I told her this has nothing at all to do with joining a church.

Baptism is identification with Christ's death and resurrection.  Romans 6

She replied, "I didn't know that."

I told her when the minister lowered me into the water, the Holy Spirit said to me, “This is like being buried with Christ.”

When I came out of the water, the Holy Spirit said, “This is like being raised with Christ.”

She remarked that she had learned so much that day in talking with me.


I went home and returned that same day with three of my books and gave them to her.

She seemed very interested.


But as I left the lobby, heading to my car, I saw her slip the books under some papers and reach for her secular magazine. 

I felt she would reject what I said to her.


*****

On Thursday, I went to get food. I saw this woman in the lobby minding her trinket tables, as I drove up to the door of the cafΓ©.

When I saw her in the area where she sells trinkets, I didn't want to go in to the cafΓ©. I wanted to run away.

But I remembered the following … “Be not afraid of their faces.” Jeremiah 1:8    

So I gritted my teeth, got out of my car and entered the lobby. I spoke to her. I remarked it was really something because of the wind we had that afternoon.

It was obvious to me she didn't want to speak to me.   I went on inside the cafΓ©.

When I came out, she was talking with a trinket customer.

I left the lobby and went to car and drove away.


*****


I have gone through this type of suffering many times when I have testified to the truth of God.

How do we stand the rejection?

We do what Peter said to do.

I Peter 4:19     Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to Him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.


*****

Galatians 3:1   O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?


*****