Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Some extortion in this letter also misuse of scripture

Email from Kenya:

I am brother Omanga from Kenya. After consistence in prayer; the Holy Spirit led me to you. As I was reading through your website, I was touched and moved .This prompt me to write this note to you for affiliation to carry out the great commission of Jesus Christ together. (JB ...Translated:  give us money)   I have given my life unto the Lord to use me as a vessel to His Holy work. As I walk daily to serve my community, my wife and I, preached at our home village during the dark days of our village. Many were laughing and scorning to us, however, we prayed for them as we kept on preaching  (JB  Should commit yourself to God for your own keeping in such cases as this. I Peter 4:19))….I meet many challenges especially for the orphans whose parents are dead .It took me time to think of what shall I do about these situation, finally, i talked with my wife and prayed to God to give me direction on what to do. Show someone some love, some grace, and some hope today – it will change the world more.  (JB ... Evil men and seducers will wax worse and worse deceiving and being deceived.  II Timothy 3:13)

         Psalm 41:1, blessed is he that considerate the poor; the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble. Let us go an extra mile to make a difference together, yes, we can in trusting God. The Lord led me to gather these orphans into one place to and be their care giver, thank God for guiding me through various challenges to have these 22 orphans under my care. Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and don’t hinder them, for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14  (JB ... in this setting they brought little children to Jesus that HE would put HIS hands on them and pray.  It has nothing to do with orphanages.)   There is nothing greater than the opportunity to partner together for the sake of the kingdom. We invite you to partner with us (JB ... translated, "Give us your money.") so that we can increase the knowledge of Jesus Christ, stretch the boundaries of belief around the world so that the supernatural becomes natural, and so you can receive a harvest on your seed sown. (JB ... extortion using the word of God to raise money)

God bless, live can never be the same again. Welcome


*****


Comments by Joan Boney:  apostle/prophet

This letter starts pretty well but swiftly turns into trying to burden us and put a load of guilt on us to get us to support what this man has decided to do.  

When you take on the support of 22 orphans without having the funds to do this work, you end up trusting in other people to pay for the work and also trying to use scripture to extort money from others and to cause others to feel guilty.  (A serious sin:  extortion)

I Corinthians 5

11   But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

13  Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.


A great many men who say they are ministers are extortioners, using scripture and good works to get money from the body of Christ.

Extortion:  trying to obtain money through force or threats.  They threaten us through scripture trying  to make us think God will not bless us unless we send money to them.

Here is the fate of the extortioner:


I Corinthians 6

9-10   Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate (homosexuals), nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.


*****


It is of great concern to me to think of 22 orphans placed in a home where there are natural children.

This is a setting which is dangerous, often bringing forth many resentments against the natural children and enlarging the orphan's feeling of hatred for their parentless situation.  Do they not see the difference between being a natural child and an orphan? Of course they do.

I'm also very concerned that any person could think he could bring the love and commitment needed for emotional development and character development and support for so many children, let alone take on all the spiritual needs.

How many children could you take on yourself and provide all the needs of that child.

To try to do so elevates yourself to a god-like position.

Governments of men often do so under great provisions available.  And the big worldly church groups do such also.  But for an individual to do this really is a very presumptuous task.

I believe there are many very bad problems when a person tries to take on such a job.


I'm sure it is a terrible thing to see the orphans.  But it takes a very big organization to provide for such.

When I see men try to do this "in the name of the Lord,"  I believe it is out of order.

Look in New Testament and see if you can find any passage of scripture telling an apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, or teacher to set up a home for orphans?

I feel so sorry for children anywhere without parents. 

But feeling sorry does not make it a work of God.

I doubt this is a real work of God but there is much pressure put on the church by this man and his work.

I believe he will be put in the following category in judgment:


Matthew 7:21-23    (Jesus says)

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to ME in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from ME, ye that work iniquity.


*****