Sunday, April 29, 2018

The Holy Spirit knows the heart of God and the will of God and shares these with us

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I Corinthians 2

1-4    And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.
And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

Clever stories may be amusing to your flesh but will do no work of God. The work of God is done in us by the Spirit of God and in this is the power of God. We bring the Spirit and the power each time we share that which is spoken to us by the Spirit of God.



*****

In the 1970's I owned a business in American Indians Arts.

One day a man came into my shop.  I went to him asking if I could help him.  He replied:  "I'm looking for art objects that have power."

I said, "There is a power but it is not in objects made by man."  I began speaking to him of the power of God, the creator of heaven and earth.

*****

When we share spiritual things with another person, we must share as we are led by the Spirit of God, not by clever sayings from men for these have no power but entice flesh of man with fleshly statements.

The real power of God is in that which God speaks and God speaks by HIS Spirit, bringing to our minds concepts, scripture, and other words.

That sometimes just comes out of our mouth without out thinking at all.  The words are simply there and we speak.

Luke 21:14-15    Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

Example:  One day I was playing golf with 2 women.  One woman began speaking of people who judge.  Out of my mouth came these words:  "If you judge someone is judging, aren't you judging?"  She gasped.  It was like a balloon filled with hot air which had been pricked by a pin.

Example:  The radio station manager in Seattle said to me, "Joan, you have many good messages.  Just speak those messages.  If you keep speaking these judgment messages, I don't know what is going to happen to you.  We may have to put you off the air."

Without hesitation or thought, the following came out of my mouth by the Holy Spirit.  "George, if I don't speak the message I believe to be from God then I don't have a message and I may as well be off the air."

These examples are the power of God by the Holy Spirit.  

Most of the time when I speak by the Spirit of God I am simply reminded by the Holy Spirit of a scripture or a concept and I speak that.

Matthew 10:19-20   But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.  For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Matthew 10:27-29   Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.

What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.


*****
I Corinthians 2

5-16  That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.  But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.



*****

12-16   Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
  (through the Spirit of God which is in us.)



*****