Monday, April 16, 2018

Have faith in God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Humans want to have faith in other humans.


But it is God who gets each of us there by HIS Spirit who dwells in us.

The apostle John says:


II John 2:27  But the anointing which ye have received of HIM abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in HIM.

The Holy Spirit searches the heart of God and teaches us things of God and shows us the way of God which conforms to the Word of God.

John 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in MY name, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13  Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever HE shall hear (from God), that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.


*****

At the place where I often pick up food, there is a fake Indian jewelry trinket store set up in the alcove which you pass through as you enter and leave the cafe.

About four months ago, a woman in her late 70's or early 80's, began working there and we often chatted at I came to the cafe.

This week-end she began talking to me about religion.  I confessed to her that I am a minister.

She said, "What do you think of the prince of England marrying a divorced woman?"

I replied, "Jesus says the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery."


We continued speaking about other things.  Then she said something else about the prince in England marrying a divorced woman.


I replied, "He is a man and Jesus said the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery." (This time I spoke a little louder.)

And again she said same thing.


This time I was almost shouting.

"JESUS said:  THE ... MAN ... WHO ... MARRIES ... A ... DIVORCED ... WOMAN ... COMMITS... ADULTERY."



*****

At one point, I spoke of ministers calling themselves "Reverend."  Paul and Peter didn't do this.  They called themselves Paul and Peter.  There is no place in Bible where a man calls himself "Reverend."

This woman seemed shocked and replied, "I didn't know that."


I spoke of antichrist in the churches.

She spoke of how wonderful a certain Baptist church was.  She also spoke of attending a church group called "Church on the Rock."

I told her how it was so evil in the churches I couldn't find a church to attend.   Antichirst is everywhere, changing doctrine from Bible, setting up doctrines to explain away Bible.

I told her what we are seeing is the end-time apostasy in the church where antichrist takes over in the various churches and sets up doctrine opposite to Bible.

When you have opportunity to speak like this, it is sort of like the story of Jesus speaking to the woman at the well in John 4.


Often you have very little time to speak, maybe one or two times.

The first time I spoke she seemed interested.

The next day, she seemed less interested.

Between day 1 and day 2, I took her 3 books.

Paul said: 

II Timothy 6:2-4   Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.


*****