Thursday, April 12, 2018

God reveals the truth.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

My former pastor used to quote Ephesians 4, telling about the ministry offices.

After Jesus arose, HE gave gifts to men ...

Ephesians 4:11   And HE gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

Bob used to say pastor and teacher was one office, not two offices.

I didn't know.

But recently I was thinking about this as if I was talking with God ... "What is truth about this?"

A few days after this, last week or so, God reminded me of Paul who was apostle, teacher.

And I realized this was God's answer concerning the subject.

Paul was an apostle and teacher.

II Timothy 1:11    Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

I Timothy 2:7    Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.


Paul identifies himself as an apostle and teacher ... not pastor and teacher.

By this, God shows me 5 separate ministry offices:  apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, teacher.

Pastor/teacher are two separate offices.

A person could be a teacher without being a pastor.

My former pastor was wrong in his thinking on this matter.

Truth from God is important.


*****