Wednesday, July 12, 2017

When we think we know something


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I was thinking of how often I have been wrong when I think I know something about secular matters.  I've also seen others who thought they know something but what they think they know proves to be wrong.

There can be so much pride in thinking you know something.

I decided it would be better for me to stop being so sure about what I think in secular matters.

"Truth" can change in the secular world.  What is true one day, might not be true another day.  Also we might think something secular to be good but it might not be right thing for another person.

I decided to try to stop thinking I know something in secular matters, thus controlling my mind, hopefully against vain thoughts and against vanity of the mind.

Then I remembered a scripture on this subject which I will share.  The part of the scripture marked in red is the part brought to my mind, I think by Holy Spirit.

I Corinthians 8:1-2    ... Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.  And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

                          ======