Saturday, July 29, 2017

BOOK: Exhortations

Amazon.com
e-Book & paperback



 Volume 8 ... #9
God Places HIS Laws Into Our Minds and Hearts

When I was in elementary school, I overheard my mother speaking with my aunt concerning my dad's first wife... I was shocked

I didn't know my dad had a "first" wife.  And I was also devastated.  My childish reaction was I didn't want to see my dad again because I knew divorce and remarriage was against God.

*****

How did I know this?  I had never heard any human say this.  I didn't read the Bible at that time.  I didn't attend any church at that time.  So how did I know this?

I believe it is what we see in God's description of the New Covenant.

Heb. 8 ... 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put MY laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts:and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to ME a people: 11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know ME, from the least to the greatest. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.


*****

Later, when I was about 15, I went forward and was baptized at the church my aunt attended. 

But I was not born again at that time.  I was baptized because I didn't want to go to hell and my understanding at that time was if I did this I wouldn't go to hell.  (Later when I was 37, God spoke to me by HIS Spirit and I was then born again, born of HIS Spirit.)


At that church group, there was a young man who pursued me.  At one point, he tried to get me to have sex with him.  I refused because it would be wrong ... God had put this into my heart.

Humans have a mind and they think they learn everything of themselves and they glory in what they can do.


They forget God. 


*****