Saturday, July 8, 2017

Letters to God



A problem surfaced with my house in June, 2017, and it was so enormous I just sat staring out into space, paralyzed over the problem.  All plumbing pipes in the entire house had to be replaced.

I was so confused by the problem I really didn't know where to begin in praying.

Then this came to my mind:  I could write the prayer, like a "letter to God."

I set up a page on my computer and began writing to God.  I shared some of these "letters" with our little church group.

A few weeks later, Pam Padgett said one morning she was so angry over something she couldn't pray and she remembered how I had written those letters to God, so she did this and it worked for her.

I'm going to share a few excerpts from these letters with you ... the time might come when this concept would help you.

Joan Boney


*****

Letters to God


(several prayers over a few days)

Dear God

Was looking at Mt. 4:1-2

Would it be appropriate to think the main temptation would come at point of our desire?

What do I desire?

- To speak and share with church
- To hear our own people say something that was really from YOU.... like Renee sharing that she sees that wedding bouquet toss is a superstition
- That we could all learn by that which we share

***


For plumbing project:  Please help me to get porta potty set carefully … Please help Orlia to clean closet. Please help me to keep pocket door closed after workers leave and please keep cat out of there. Please don't let anything happen to cat.

***

Please help me to speak truth and to live in truth.

2 John ... The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth; For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.
Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.
***

Thanks for showing Pam how to get this new office product. 

Thanks for helping me step by step daily to see what to do.

***



If I am ready please help me to read Bible and if there is edification, to write it.

Please teach me to commit things to YOU fully. And to wait on YOU.

***

Please help me.  Please clear my mind of troubles so I can go forward.



***


Please help me to pray.  I am troubled.  I don't know what's wrong.  I don't know why I can't handle this.  I don't know why it blows up so quickly.
 
I feel such a failure in personal ways.  Please let a blanket of peace fall over me.

***

How can I read Bible while troubled?  Please remove this immediately from me.  Please give me what I need instantly.

***

The spirit of truth is in me.  Please give me truth on this matter.

Faith level … our sufficiency is of God … He has made me acceptable in the beloved.

***

I felt strong resistance, like I was pushing through strong wall ... So often I feel like whatever I speak with my mouth is wrong.  Can't be wrong.  It is Spirit of truth and scripture.


This has got to be an attack of some kind.

Persecution for the Word's sake?

***

Please give me vision … open my eyes that I can see.

I know the truth is in Jesus, the word.  The word of God is truth and never changes.  Feelings come and go and can't be trusted.  Look at truth.

***

Thank YOU for stopping me twice in my plan concerning leaving house during plumbing project.  It looks to me that YOU kept me from walking into danger.  Just like YOU kept me from danger concerning that neighbor.

***

I don't believe we can walk in fear but yet we need to be wise in truth.  When we see truth we need to hold to truth.  Help me to hold to truth.

***

Please help me to put this to rest and to go forward, not rehashing the matter without effect. Help me to speak things that edify the other. Please help me to speak YOUR truth. Please help me to understand what is going on and how to deal with it.

***
I can try to turn her to YOU and perhaps YOU will have mercy on her.
And since it is so difficult for me to keep it straight concerning her, I ask for some kind of extra help. Thank YOU.  Please help me to go forward now.

***
Thank YOU for your Spirit... for the new creature … Help me walk in that spirit...
Help me to do that which is right in YOUR sight to all who come across my path.
Please give me wisdom and teach me.

***
If I ever have to have eye operation, help me to see what to do... I may never need such. I don't know how to settle my heart concerning this doctor.  I don't want to needlessly hurt him.

I need help only YOU can give me.
I don't want to hurt anyone needlessly ... Please help me and keep me from hurting anyone needlessly.
*****