Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Book: Exhortations

Amazon.com
e-Book & paperback





Volume 8 ... #6 
They Which Do Such Things Will Not Inherit The Kingdom of God

We have power to control the works of our flesh and we must control the works of the flesh for the apostle Paul told us the following:

Gal. 5 ... 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like:of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
 

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance:against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

*****

It is the nature of man to do the works of the flesh:  to try to excel above other persons (emulations) ... to fight others, to strive against others, to debate to exalt our thinking, to hate and to desire revenge against those who wrong us ... all these things come from our flesh ... as do sexual sins. 

It is natural to do these works ... but when we are born again we are given another spirit to live in us, the Spirit of God.  To continue to allow the works of the flesh to rule over us, doing such things, would be to deny the Spirit of God that is in us and will cost us greatly for Paul says we will not inherit the kingdom of God by doing these works of the flesh.

If we walk in the Spirit we will not allow the flesh to rule for to walk in the Spirit is to walk in love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance ... 

(Love does no harm to his neighbor ... therefore love fulfills the law of God.)

We have the natural man in us with the flesh just waiting for the chance to rise up and exalt itself ... but we have a greater spirit also in us after we are born again ... we have the Spirit of God in us.

By the Spirit of God through prayer we can put the flesh down and keep it under the control of the Spirit.


When I feel my flesh beginning to rise up, and usually I can feel  this when it begins to happen, I can turn to God in prayer saying,

"Please don't let me do that ... please don't let me say that." 

And each time I turn to God this way, HE answers my prayer and my flesh is kept from rising up.

The flesh never improves!  It is always just waiting for us to allow it to rise up in us and take over.

So we need to stay "sober" (clear minded), "alert" (watchful) ... We are not asleep like the people of this world...


*****

In 1979, God gave me the following terrifying dream:

Destruction was everywhere.

A meeting was going on.  A man was speaking to a room filled with people.  I went in and began to listen.

A second man rushed in and said:  "Stop ... Wait ... Can't you see ... It's too late ... It's already begun."

The first man resumed speaking.

I looked out the window to see what had "already begun."

There was a tall pole with a yellow civil defense speaker at top of the pole.  A gas was coming out of the speaker.  I knew it was poisonous and would kill the people.  It was coming directly toward us!

The shocking thing was the speaker that was set there for the purpose of warning us was being used as the instrument which dispersed the gas that was poison and would kill us!

I looked at the man seated next to me.  He had a big grin on his face and was looking directly at the man who was speaking to the group.  But then I saw this man was a corpse, though he looked alive.  He was already dead!

I looked about the room at the other people and realized they were all dead.

As I sat back in my chair and listened to the man speaking I began to feel sleepy and I knew as I sat there among them this was killing me too.

*****

God was showing me the anarchy that was already going on in our church groups.  It is much worse today.

*****