Saturday, July 8, 2017

Instruction in Righteousness: From Galatians 1



1-5   Paul, an apostle (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised Him from the dead),  and all the brethren who are with me, Unto the churches of Galatia:
Grace be to you and peace from God the Father and from our Lord Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father,  to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.


*****


Even when Paul lived, 2000 years ago, he said the world was evil.

The apostle John also said this about the world:

I Jn. 5:19    And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

Paul also told us things would get worse as time increased, not better.

II Timothy 3:1    This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

  Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.  (This was going to be in the churches for they will have "a form of godliiness."  But they will deny the power of the specific scriptures to rule over their lives.)

7   Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

13   But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

We will never be able to make this present earth righteous.  Righteousness dwells in the new heaven and the new earth.  II Peter 3

Therefore we have to live here in peace in spite of what we see and hear around us knowing this evil was ordained to come before the end of this present earth in both the world and in the churches.  When we see they are going away from scripture we are delivered from the evil by turning away from those who reject scripture and by clinging to the Holy Scripture.

Thus Paul tells us the following:

II Timothy 3:14-17   But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of WHOM thou hast learned them; And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.


*****


In 2017, I met a young plumber who told me his young son plays baseball.  He said before the game, over the loud speakers, they play music.  He was shocked and dismayed at the words of the songs which were so vile and evil.  His son is 6 years old. 

It was refreshing to me to meet a man who recognized the evil.  I rarely encounter such.

The evil should not shock us today for that is exactly what Paul said we would see in the last days.

Also Paul told us there would be apostasy in the churches.  The churches would discard scripture which restrains antichrist and by the removal of scripture antichrist would move into the churches.  This is also what we are seeing in our churches today.  Paul even said the day of the Lord would not happen unless this apostasy in the churches came first.

II Thess. 2  (NASB)  Let no one in any way deceive you, for it (the day of the Lord) will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.

Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things?

And you know what restrains him now, so that in his time he will be revealed.

For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. Then that lawless one will be revealed

The one restraining the man of lawlessness was Jesus, THE WORD, the scriptures.

As soon as scripture, even a portion of scripture, was removed, the restraint which held lawlessness back from the churches was removed so antichrist could move into the churches and lawlessness could reign inside the churches.

Cling to scripture in your life for this restrains the evil.


*****


Galatians 1:6-9   I marvel that ye are so soon removed from Him, that called you into the grace of Christ, for another gospel.  For this is not another; but there are some who trouble you and would pervert the Gospel of Christ.

But should we, or an angel from Heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

As we said before, so say I now again: If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that which ye have received, let him be accursed!


*****


There is a dreadful end for those churches who remove scripture and delight in their own way.

II Thess 2:10-12    because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.


*****


Galatians 1:10-17    For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I yet sought to please men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

But I certify to you, brethren, that the Gospel which was preached by me is not according to man;
 for I neither received it from man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

For ye have heard of my participation in times past in the Jews’ religion, how I persecuted the church of God beyond measure and wasted it.

I profited in the Jews’ religion beyond many of my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me by His grace,
to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood,

nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me, but I went into Arabia and returned again unto Damascus.


*****

Most of us want to copy other people.  Paul did not do this.  Instead Paul went out alone and allowed God to teach him. 

Then a few years later, Paul went to the apostles and shared with them what God had given him and the apostles knew it was the word of God in Paul.

From the time I was born again in 1975, to the time I closed my business to go into the ministry in 1979, I felt very strongly that I was to read no books written by men but to stay in Bible, which I did do.

After God told me, "I have called you and set you in the body of Christ as an apostle",  I tried to find other apostles, hoping to learn what apostles do in the church.  But I could find none, though the church I attended said there are apostles and prophets in the NT church today, I could find no one who declared himself to be an apostle.

Therefore it was God who raised me up in this work. 

God took me to passages of scriptures such as Acts 15, to show me what apostles do in the NT church.

I never did tell anyone at the church I was attending that God had told me I was an apostle.

Several told me I am a prophet, including my pastor at that time, Robert Tilton.

I have no doubt I am also a prophet.  I am shown judgments of God and often carry correction to the church.

Both offices of apostle and prophet operate in me as I write and speak.

Eph. 4:8-12    But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.


Wherefore HE saith, When HE ascended up on high, HE led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
HE that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that HE might fill all things.)


And He gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some pastors and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:


*****


Galatians 1:18-24    Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

But I saw none of the other apostles save James, the Lord’s brother. (Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not.)

Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia, and was unknown by face unto the churches of Judea which were in Christ; but they had heard only that, “He who persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.”

 And they glorified God in me.


*****