Sunday, July 30, 2017

Born of the flesh. Born of the Spirit.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

John 3:6   Jesus says:  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.



*****


The flesh profits nothing when we think of something to do.  

John 6:63   Jesus says:  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.


*****



A person can hear a preacher preach the real word of God and he can go out and do what he heard the preacher say to do and profit nothing.

I went forward at a church and was baptized in water when I was 15-years-old.  I was not changed in any way.  I attended church for a season and then stopped.  I was not born of the Spirit but of my own fleshly thinking.  I didn't want to go to hell and I thought if I was baptized that meant I would go to hell.

When I was approximately 38-years-old, God spoke to me my HIS Spirit.  "Joan, you know those mistakes you've been making all these years?  Those weren't mistakes.  Those were sins."  I was changed immediately.  Born of the Spirit!

After this, I was baptized a second time. 

When the minister lowered me into the water, the Spirit said to me, "This is like being buried with Christ."

When I came out of the water, the Spirit said, "This is like being raised with Christ."

Now the person I once was is dead.  I am now raised to serve God rather than serve my flesh as I once did.  Now I am a new creature.

II Corinthians 5:17    Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.



*****


Jesus was born of the Spirit of God, not by a natural man.

Born means:  to come into existence by

Unless we are born of the Spirit also, we cannot see the things of God.  It cannot be done by our flesh, or by study, or by wanting to learn.  We must be born of the Spirit of God to discern spiritual things.

It is a mystery and a miracle.


*****


Many church goers are born by the will of man and not by the Spirit of God.  They copy, imitate, those who seem to be of God.  (this is flesh doing a work)  They say what sounds right but it has no power.  (work of their flesh)  And to those who have the Spirit of God, they are always a little off.

In the last times, the churches will be filled with such people who are born of themselves and of the will of their families, not of the Spirit.

Jude speaks of them.

Jude vv. 17-19    But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;  How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.  These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.


II Timothy 3:7    Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.


*****

But those born of the Spirit of God are like the example of Peter.  Without any human learning, God put HIS truth into Peter's heart.

Jesus said the church would be built on this, the revelation of God directly to that person.

Matthew 16:13-18    When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock (the word revealed to you by God) I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.



*****


Peter was blessed because God revealed THE WORD to him.  We, who belong to God, are blessed also because God has revealed HIMSELF to us by HIS Spirit.

John 1:13    Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.


*****

And with us who are born of the Spirit, we can do nothing by our flesh.  It is all by the Spirit.  When the Spirit authors the work, we can do it.  When the Spirit gives us something to say, there is power in that word.  When we say something because we think we should say it, there is no power for it was born of what we think, we are trying to do something.  Power is of God and by HIS Spirit.


*****