Monday, July 31, 2017

If we have the Holy Spirit, the truth is in us


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jesus was speaking to the Samaritan woman by the well of water.

John 4:13-14    Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:  But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.


*****

The "water" given us by the Holy Spirit that is in us is truth for HE is the Spirit of Truth and he searches the heart of God to reveal to us the will of God in the matter at hand.  I Corinthians 2

We learn to trust in God and to trust in the Spirit of God who shows us the will of God.  He reminds us of those things spoken by Jesus and gives us words of truth to show us what to do and even to show us truth about other people so we would not be deceived nor led astray.  John 14:26 & John 16:13

Sometimes I'm thinking well of another person because of their seemingly kind words when God will bring exactly the opposite to my mind to show me what that person is through HIS eyes.

In such cases, I'm usually led to leave that person alone.  Discretion means "separation".

Several years ago, I went to Europe with a woman who was from our church group.  She and her husband had spent much time ministering to churches in Europe.  She told me this:  "You must learn to recognize the spirit that is in that person because the language difference clouds everything."

I have the experience in the USA where people often try to pretend things to me that are not real about themselves.  They try to show themselves in a better light to me than is true.  Often they drain me completely without benefit to themselves and causing harm to me.  So here, too, we must be sensitive to the spirit and especially to the Holy Spirit that is in us as HE warns us about them so we would not go among them and deceive ourselves by them.

The elect of God are not the elect because they say they are of God.  The spirit that is in them shows us truth about them.  We who have the Spirit of God witness to the Spirit of God when that spirit is in another person and we know that person is the elect of God when we have the witness of the Spirit of God that is in us.

We have to learn to trust the Spirit of God that is in us for HE is truth.

When Jesus sent HIS disciples out, HE told them:

Matthew 10:26    Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.


*****

I John 4:4    Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is HE that is in you, than he that is in the world.


*****

If you feel questionable about some "good seeming person", don't try to reason this away.  Commit it to God in prayer and ask HIM to make the truth clear to you.


*****