Thursday, July 27, 2017

When I see people with fame and achievements


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In this world, there are people of exceptional talent and achievements.  I greatly enjoy a great actor or actress, a great director, a great writer.  Sometimes I marvel at that which they are able to do ... until I realize their end and how all those works of man will vanish as nothing at the coming of Jesus in the day of the Lord.

II Peter 3 ... But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Nevertheless we, according to HIS promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of HIM in peace, without spot, and blameless.


*****


When a great man or woman dies, I often think, "Now what?"

Matthew 16:26    Jesus says:   For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

When I think on this, I realize how blessed I am and also all those who have been born again and have the Spirit of God. 

We have everything that really matters.  God chose to reveal HIMSELF to us exactly like God revealed HIMSELF to Peter.

Matthew 16:13-18    When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The rock upon which the church is built is the word revealed by God!



*****


We who are born again have everything.

John 1:13    Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.  


*****