Monday, July 24, 2017

A shock to your flesh


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

There are times we go through things that are a shock to our flesh.

Even when we belong to God and have the Spirit of God in us this can happen because we are also flesh, and flesh can be very affected until the shock wears off.

So we learn to wait and calm down and especially we believe God will stabilize us and establish our thoughts.

Of course, we want to settle it quickly, but mostly we have to calm down and wait.

In July, 2017, this happened to me.  I have eye diseases of glaucoma and cataracts.  The glaucoma was diagnosed in approximately 2010 and has been treated with daily administration of eye drops.  But I could tell my vision was decreasing.  The doctor told me a new prescription for eye glasses would not help vision.  He recommended surgery for both glaucoma and cataracts.  I agreed and date for operation was set.

As I drove away from the doctors office, the fear struck strongly.  I was petrified.  That night I thought I would cancel the plans.

I was surprised to awaken the next morning with  positive thoughts coming into my mind.  It appears to me that God was "reasoning" with me on specific points.

One of the strongest points was, I'm not going to get any better the way I have been going but there is a chance the operation would stop the disease and cause me to see better than I had been seeing.  Another strong point:  The operation is on the left eye (the worst eye) and I will still have the right eye as it is in pre-operation if the left eye is not successful after surgery.  Another point:  Most likely I will not see any worse with left eye than I do before.  (I often have to close left eye when reading or watching TV.)



*****


The surgery was not scheduled until a month later.  I knew God could change my mind if I was not to go this direction.

As various positive points were coming to my mind, I realized my thoughts were being established, I believe by God.  This is a scripture in Proverbs 4... let all thy thoughts be established.

We go through the shock and panic.  Then we begin to settle down.  All this is the flesh.  After we become calmer, often we receive thoughts from God which show us the way to go in the matter at hand.

To go any direction, we must have enough information from God that we believe our direction is confirmed by God, thus our faith to go forward the way we are going is a faith in what we believe God has shown us concerning the matter at hand.

Try to settle down, commit your way to God in prayer, and let your thoughts be established by God, not trying to make a quick decision but rather a decision that is founded on that which you believe God has brought to your mind.



*****


Proverbs 3:5-8    Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.


Proverbs 4:26  ...  let all thy ways be established.


James 3:13-17     But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.  This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.  For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.


*****

Three very important factors in determining if the plan is from God are:

*  peaceable  ... if you have any anxiety, dread, fear, you might not be ready to go forward.  You need to commit and recommit the fears to God in prayer and allow God to establish your thoughts.  Until you are brought to peace, stop and keep praying.  God is able to bring us to peace in the plan that is from HIM in the specific matter and when we have evidence from God and our faith is full concerning the plan, then go forward.  Don't try to make anything happen.  Trust God to bring you to the position HE wants and consider evidence, the thoughts from God.

 easy to be intreated  ...  if the plan is a burden to you, then you probably do not have God's plan.  One primary factor in God's plan is "easy".

*  without hypocrisy ... If there is deception of any kind, back off.  Hypocrisy is "play acting", pretending something you do not really believe.  Some people do this with faith.  They trick themselves, pretending they have faith when they do not have faith.  Some people try to figure out what is likely to gain approval of other people, especially approval of your own household, even when you do not believe what you are saying or what you are doing.  This is not God's wisdom.  Stop, pray again, trust God to change your heart and to show you what to do.  Don't rush into anything.  Let God's way be established.

God is able to reach us and give us information in a way we can understand.


*****