Saturday, July 29, 2017

BOOK: Psalms


Amazon.com
e-Book & paperback




* Psalm 143

Hear my prayer, O Lord, give ear to my supplications: in THY faithfulness answer me, and in THY righteousness. And enter not into judgment with THY servant: for in THY sight shall no man living be justified.

For the enemy hath persecuted my soul; he hath smitten my life down to the ground; he hath made me to dwell in darkness, as those that have been long dead.
 
Therefore is my spirit overwhelmed within me; my heart within me is desolate.
 

I remember the days of old;

I meditate on all THY works; I muse on the work of THY hands.


I stretch forth my hands unto THEE: my soul thirsteth after THEE, as a thirsty land. 

Hear me speedily, O Lord: my spirit faileth: hide not THY face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit.
 
Cause me to hear THY lovingkindness in the morning; for in THEE do I trust:

Cause me to know the way
wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto THEE. 


Deliver me, O Lord, from mine enemies: I flee unto THEE to hide me. 


Teach me to do THY will; for THOU art my God: THY spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness. 


Quicken me (make me alive) , O Lord, for THY name's sake: for THY righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble.


And of THY mercy cut off mine enemies, and destroy all them that afflict my soul: for I am THY servant.


*****