Friday, March 13, 2015

Psalm 40 ... Prayers to God & Promises from God to the Church

1 I waited patiently for the Lord;
and HE inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
 

2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay,
and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth,
even praise unto our God:many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.
 

4 Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust,
and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies
.
 

5 Many, O Lord my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done,
and thy thoughts which are to us- ward:
they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee:
if I would declare and speak of them,
they are more than can be numbered.
 

6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire;
mine ears hast Thou opened:
burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.
 

7 Then said I, Lo, I come:
in the volume of the book it is written of me,
8 I delight to do thy will, O my God:

(Prophecy concerning Jesus ... See Heb. 10:7-9)

yea, thy law is within my heart.
 

9 I have preached righteousness in the great congregation:
lo, I have not refrained my lips,
O Lord, thou knowest.

10 I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart;
I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation:
I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.

 

11 Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O Lord:
let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me.


12 For innumerable evils have compassed me about:
mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up;
they are more than the hairs of mine head:therefore my heart faileth me.
 

13 Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me:
O Lord, make haste to help me.

14 Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it;
let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil
.
15 Let them be desolate for a reward of their shame
that say unto me, Aha, aha.
 

16 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee:
let such as love thy salvation say continually, The Lord be magnified.
 

17 But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: Thou art my help and my deliverer;
make no tarrying, O my God.



==========

Comments by Joan Boney  

Psalm 40 ...  4 Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust,
and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.


We who make God our trust, turning to God with our troubles rather than turning to people... we are "blessed" ... divinely favored and protected.

And we must not "respect" (cater to) the proud and those who turn aside to lies.  We must not appease them and protect them in their fleshly pride, making them feel good about themselves, especially when they call themselves the church. 

To the church we speak truth from God that they might be ashamed of themselves in their vanities and repent if possible and stop doing their evil in the congregation.

We hold fast to the Word given us by God concerning each person with whom we deal.  For that word is truth and shows us what God wants us to do.  

We must not go forth in hypocrisy, twisting the truth until it is unrecognizable to them and to us, deceiving ourselves along with them as some do to protect the feelings of man.

Let man hear the truth and repent, if possible, especially when they call themselves the church.

We must judge the church in sins when sins are in the church says Paul.

I Cor. 5 ... 11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.


If that person who calls himself/herself a Christian is going to live in these sins, we must not "eat" with them ... we must put them away from us ...

Let the church correct himself/herself and prove that change in ways from ways of devils and then we can go forth together in the same path.  But we cannot go forth together when one is practicing sin.

==========

Psalm 40 ... 3 And HE hath put a new song in my mouth,
even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.
 


We speak to each other of God's works and of that which God has given us and done in us and told us.  We exalt HIM and HIS way.  This is our "song".  We fear God, fear HIS Word, honor HIM. 

========== 

Psalm 40 ... 5 Many, O Lord my God, are Thy wonderful works which Thou hast done,
and Thy thoughts which are to us- ward:


I want to think on these things God has done.  I want to speak of these things of God.  

==========


Psalm 40 ... 9 I have preached righteousness in the great congregation:
lo, I have not refrained my lips,
O Lord, thou knowest.
10 I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart;
I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation:
I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.


The apostle Paul said ...  Acts 20 ... 26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. 27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

==========

Psalm 40:11 ... Let ... THY truth continually preserve me.

... 

16 Let all those that seek Thee rejoice and be glad in Thee:
let such as love Thy salvation say continually, The Lord be magnified.



==========
 

The following verse is something I have seen when they come out against me with their fleshly pride and personal wisdom that is of their own thinking apart from God.


14 Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it;
let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil
.


Their own swords which they level against me end up going into their own hearts.  They fall backward and not forward because of God and HIS power.

Deut. 28 ... The Lord shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face:they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.