Thursday, March 5, 2015

Psalm 32 ... Prayers to God & Promises to the Church

1 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity,
and in whose spirit there is no guile.
 

3 When I kept silence, my bones waxed old
through my roaring all the day long.
4 For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me:
my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.
 

5 I acknowledged my sin unto thee,
and mine iniquity have I not hid.
I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord;
and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
 

6 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found:
surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.
 

7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble;
thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.


(God says ...)

8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go:
I will guide thee with mine eye.
 

9 Be ye not as the horse,
or as the mule, which have no understanding:
whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle,
lest they come near unto thee.
 

10 Many sorrows shall be to the wicked:
but he that trusteth in the Lord, mercy shall compass him about.
 

11 Be glad in the Lord (in the Word from God), and rejoice, ye righteous:
and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.


==========

Comments by Joan Boney

Verses 1 & 2 of this psalm prophesy the covenant that God will make with the New Testament Church.

Psalm 32 ... 1 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity,
and in whose spirit there is no guile.
 

Heb. 8 ...  10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts:and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord:for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

After we are born again, we have a new heart, given by God and we do not want to sin as we once did.

Paul says ... Romans 6 ... 1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death:that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

II Cor. 5 ... 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men;

I Cor. 6 ... 9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived:neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you:but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

...  Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body. 14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.
15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid. 16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh. 17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price:therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.


And to the woman taken in adultery, Jn. 8, Jesus said ... "Go, and sin no more."

Being born again gives us the power to flee from sin and to keep ourselves by the Holy Spirit who lives in us by following what HE tells us.

Heb. 10 ... 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28 He that despised Moses 'law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

II Peter 2 ... 21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Romans 1 ... 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Therefore Paul says ... Phil. 2:12 ... work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

We are not here to please our own flesh as we did before we knew God and were known by God.  Now we are here to please God in all things.  This should be our desire and goal for it is salvation to us to seek the will of God and to please HIM.  And God has equipped us to know the will of God by giving us HIS Spirit who shows us the will of God in each event of this life.  So really we are without excuse.

==========

Psalm 32 ... 5 I acknowledged my sin unto thee,
and mine iniquity have I not hid.
I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord;
and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin.


An American Indian potter named Margaret Tafoya told me the following uplifting story.


Margaret was a devout Catholic.  But she was concerned that her 7 children were not learning Bible so she enrolled the children in the McCurdy Mission School. 

The Catholic priest called her in and demanded that she enroll the children in the Catholic school.

Margaret said she wanted the children to learn Bible

The priest responded:  "People like you don't need Bible.  We will tell you what you need to know."

Margaret insisted she wanted her children to study Bible.

Then the priest said:  "We will put you out of the church and you can never again confess your sins if you do this."

Margaret told me the following with shame and sadness:  "I don't know what came over me but I said, 'I don't have to confess my sins to a man like you ... I will confess my sins to the Lord.' "

Immediately the priest put her out of church but Margaret's children went to the school where they studied Bible.  

(I tried to explain to Margaret that no man can put you out of the church but I don't think she ever understood what I was saying and she had a shame over what she had done.  I rejoiced over what she did.)

==========

Psalm 32 ... 7 Thou art my hiding place; Thou shalt preserve me from trouble;
Thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. 

Don't we continually cry out to God in times of trouble?  I know I'm always saying, "God, help me." 

And God does help us.  Don't we often think of how God helped us in a trouble?  Thinking of these times helps our faith in God.

==========

Psalm 32 ... 

(God says ...)

8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go:
I will guide thee with mine eye.



When I was first born again, I didn't know how God worked through the Holy Spirit to help me.  But God called my attention to the following two scriptures to show me what the Holy Spirit does and then God continued showing me through examples of life.

Jn. 14 ... 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jn. 16 ... 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth:for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak:and he will shew you things to come.

When I was first born again, my best friend insisted that I enroll in Bible Memory Association where we had to learn one scripture a week and have an exam at the end of the week and quote that scripture by memory.  That was one of the most difficult things I have ever tried to do.

Now I can easily quote many scriptures without effort.


It is not a matter of memorizing scripture but rather living that scripture.  And we have the Holy Spirit in us reminding us of scripture at appropriate times.

Here we see two ways:  One way is the way of the flesh of man trying to do something.  The other way is the Spirit of God.


In the churches there are many fleshly, religious works set up by man which place burdens on church people and do not produce fruits of God.

Jesus said ... Mt. 7 ... 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you:depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Those who say:  "Look what I did" ... will be rejected ... they are trusting in their own works as their righteousness.

Righteous is only by faith in God ... faith in what HE does ... faith in HIS works.