Friday, March 13, 2015

Letter to an acquaintance

From:  Joan Boney

There is a woman who is not born again who has called me from week to week wanting me to go to lunch with her.  This has been going on for several years.

This woman is the most scorn filled person I've ever met.

God gave me the following word over this woman to describe her:  "self-righteous"

She thinks herself to be right and others wrong.  She attacks one person after another when we go out, thinking to set these people straight.  She attacks waitresses, honks at drivers in front of her because they annoy her, complains about what people are doing, and frets continually thinking herself right and others wrong.

It has been very difficult for me to endure and lately I have known it was all coming to an end.

Yesterday morning I awoke with a message for her and as soon as I confirmed the message to be from God and tried the spirit behind the message to be sure the spirit was from God, I delivered the message by email as follows:


"Someday you are going to realize the way you are going is the totally wrong way.
And you will be so ashamed.

I know ... because I once did what you do"

Here is the right way:


Psalm 37

1 Fret not thyself because of evildoers,
neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.
2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass,
and wither as the green herb.
 

3 Trust in the Lord, and do good;
so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
 

4 Delight thyself also in the Lord;
and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
 

5 Commit thy way unto the Lord;
trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
 

6 And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light,
and thy judgment as the noonday.
 

7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him:
fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way,
because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
 

8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath:
fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
 

9 For evildoers shall be cut off:
but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.


==========

The day she got my email, she called me.  She said, "I don't understand this message."  

I told her only God could give her understanding. (She snapped at me and said, "I know that."  (But she doesn't.  She just has to show that she knows everything.)  She thinks she knows aside from God, of her own thinking.  
I told her, This message shows the right way to go.   Psalm 37

She even called me a second time.  
I told her the same thing again.  I told her if she really wanted to understand, to ask God to explain it to her.

At one point I told her I knew she didn't "commit her way to God" ... I told her I know she doesn't pray over whether or not to do something.  I told her she thinks she knows what to do without asking God.

She grew very quiet and said, "That's right ..." 

This message frees me.  Her blood will not be on my hands.  I have spoken the truth to her.  

And unless she turns to God with this, I don't think she will be calling me anymore, asking me to go eat with her.

But I do think my words to her to be prophetic.  I think the time will come that she will see she is going the wrong way and when she does see, she will be ashamed at those things she has done in the past.  (and when that happens, she will be saved!)