Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The righteousness which is of God by faith

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In Phil. 3, Paul spoke of "righteousness" which is of our own selves, our works ... and the righteousness which is of God by faith, faith in God's works.

Paul accomplished many works before Jesus revealed Himself to Paul.  Then Paul counted his own works as "dung" that he might gain the righteousness which is of God by faith ...

Our faith must come by HIS works, not by what we have done.

At the judgment seat of Christ many will come speaking of their works.  Jesus says they will come saying, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you:depart from me, ye that work iniquity.  Mt. 7

Our faith is in what HE has done.  That is the righteousness of God by faith.

Psa. 29:9 ... speak of HIS glory. (what HE has done)

==========

A woman who is not born again but is very religious in her church, called me this week.  She spoke of several things.  She spoke of the local newspaper being unable to print papers because their press broke down.  She spoke of them having to go to Amarillo (119 miles north) and print the daily paper and they couldn't deliver the paper until 4 p.m.  As she spoke with wonder over these happenings, I listened and made no comment.  It was as if I was hearing someone speak a foreign language which meant nothing at all to me.  And indeed this is the way I view the many works of men... as dung, meaningless.


What God is doing and has done is life to me.

The last time this woman spoke to me I recall her speaking her words, her own thoughts, as to how summer this year will be very hot.  As she spoke with many words, I was thinking of what God said ...

Genesis 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

Everything will be as God's wills ...

==========

We who are of God admire God's works and God's words and we focus on those ... This is the difference between people of God and people of this world.  The people of the world love the works of man.  We love the works of God.