Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Details and facts are important

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

It is not proven who wrote the book of Hebrews.  Many think it to have been the apostle Paul.  Several weeks ago, I noticed some things in the last chapters of the epistle which caused me to believe it was Paul who wrote this but it is not provable.

However, today, I was working through the last chapter of Hebrews and was shocked to see the following printed at the end of the epistle which I use on the computer.


"Written to the Hebrews from Italy, by Timothy."

I was so shocked I shouted, "Timothy?"  And I said to God, "I really need to know this."

I felt strongly I should look at the last verses of Chapter 13, the final chapter in the book of Hebrews.

Heb. 13 ... 20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
22 And I beseech you, brethren, suffer the word of exhortation:for I have written a letter unto you in few words. 23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty; with whom, if he come shortly, I will see you.
24 Salute all them that have the rule over you, and all the saints. They of Italy salute you.
25 Grace be with you all. Amen.


Verse 23 shows Timothy did not write this book of Hebrews.

I'm amazed the people who put together this version of the Bible for computer would have blatantly announced Hebrews to have been written by Timothy with verse 23 as it is in the KJV translation.

Bits of information like this help us to define truth from error.

Truth is very important.