Saturday, March 7, 2015

Psalm 34 ... Prayers to God and Promises from God to the Church

1 I will bless the Lord at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
 

2 My soul shall make her boast in the Lord:
the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
 

3 O magnify the Lord with me,
and let us exalt HIS name together.
 

4 I sought the Lord, and HE heard me,
and delivered me from all my fears.
 

5 They looked unto Him, and were lightened:
and their faces were not ashamed.
 

6 This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him,
and saved him out of all his troubles.
 

7 The angel of the Lord encampeth
round about them that fear HIM, and delivereth them.
 

8 O taste and see that the Lord is good:
blessed is the man that trusteth in Him.
 

9 O fear the Lord, ye His saints:
for there is no want to them that fear Him.
 

10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger:
but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing.
 

11 Come, ye children, hearken unto me:
I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
 

12 What man is he that desireth life,
and loveth many days, that he may see good?
 

13 Keep thy tongue from evil,
and thy lips from speaking guile.
 

14 Depart from evil, and do good;
seek peace, and pursue it.
 

15 The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous,
and His ears are open unto their cry.


16 The face of the Lord is against them that do evil,
to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
 

17 The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth,
and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
 

18 The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart;
and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
 

19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous:
but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.
 

20 He keepeth all his bones:
not one of them is broken

(Prophetic word concerning Jesus)
 

21 Evil shall slay the wicked:
and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.
 

22 The Lord redeemeth the soul of His servants:
and none of them that trust in Him shall be desolate.


==========

Comments by Joan Boney  

Only as I turn to God in prayer and wait on HIM do I know what to do.   By my own reasonings I can get it wrong.  But it is never wrong when you hear from God by HIS Spirit and when you turn to HIM and Wait until you hear from God by HIS Spirit.  Just do nothing until you hear from God.  This is both safety and peace for your soul for the word of God is a sure anchor for our soul.

Notice:  There is no want to them that fear HIM ... v. 9

Those who "fear" God, hear HIM and do what HE shows in the specific issues of this present life.  By such, they step away from sins and into HIS way.  But to do this, often they give up their own good name among the people.  Just think of Noah for example and how he must have appeared to the people as he did what God said to do and built that ark even before rain had ever come upon the earth!  He must have appeared a spectacle to those who watched him.  But Noah just kept on building the ark.


Psalm 111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

The fear of man and the desire for the respect of humans often keeps a person from the fear of the Lord.   But those who really fear God will do what they believe God has said to them.  And as a result humans will often mock them.

==========

How often do you think about money?

I find I rarely think about money.  Often many days will pass in my life before the subject of money ever comes into my mind.  (Neither do I often think about tomorrow.)  I am focused on today, on reading Bible, preparing exhortations for the church, writing.  (I love it.)  I am consumed by today.  Recently I realized how rarely anymore I even think of tomorrow.  I suspect because my focus is so strongly on things of God today.  And I try to keep things that are unnecessary off my calendar so there is nothing there tomorrow anyway!  This frees me too.

There is a woman here who is not born again and she will call me every week or so wanting me to plan to go eat with her.  I told her not to do this.  Do not call ahead to try to make plans with me.  If you want me to go eat, call me that day and if I find I can go I will do so.  But don't try to make me commit days ahead of time.  For that troubles me.  Of course she doesn't understand this for most people want things to look forward to.  I want nothing hanging over me.  I want to awaken daily seeking the joy of God that HE would give me from HIS word that day!  I don't want these worldly things.  I try to keep free from plans of this world so I can focus on the Bible and the Word God would give me at that exact moment!  That is what I want.  I really have to work at this for people often surface to try to lead me another way.   But I know what I want and I go after that.  Perhaps this is one reason I think so seldom of tomorrow. 

In the winter, we were supposed to get a snow.  (It rarely snows here.)  Should I jump up and go quickly to the grocery?  I sat and considered this.  I realized I have several cans of soup in my cabinet.  I have spaghetti.  I had bread in the freezer.  I had enough eggs for a week or so.  Why should I rush about like most people.  The lines at grocery are very long when snow is predicted.  I didn't go to grocery, having plenty here to get by for several days.

God fed Elijah and he went 40 days on that food!  (Example in Bible)

We often think we need more than we actually need.

There is no want in my life ... except for the want of peace and joy in the Word.  I want that daily and I strive to keep my life where that can be the case.

peace:

- freedom from dread
- freedom from anxiety (dread of what may happen)
- freedom from strife and debate with humans
- quiet, calm, silence, tranquil
- freedom from agitation, anxiety
- free from turmoil
- not contentious or quarrelsome
- freedom from strife or disorder
- untroubled

I find I really have to work at keeping myself in peace.  And keeping myself in a state of peace is the first step in reading Bible with pure heart daily.