Friday, March 20, 2015

Psalm 47 ... Prayers to God & Promises from God to the Church

1 O clap your hands, all ye people;
shout unto God with the voice of triumph.
 

2 For the Lord most high is terrible;
he is a great King over all the earth.
3 He shall subdue the people under us,
and the nations under our feet.

 

4 He shall choose our inheritance for us,
the excellency of Jacob whom He loved. Selah.
 

5 God is gone up with a shout,
the Lord with the sound of a trumpet.
 

6 Sing praises to God, sing praises:
sing praises unto our King, sing praises.
7 For God is the King of all the earth:
sing ye praises with understanding.
 

8 God reigneth over the heathen:
God sitteth upon the throne of his holiness.
 

9 The princes of the people are gathered together,
even the people of the God of Abraham:

for the shields of the earth belong unto God:
HE is greatly exalted.


Comments by Joan Boney 

HE is greatly exalted.

Romans 9 ... 17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. 18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Ex. 3 ... (God says)  20 And I will stretch out my hand, and smite Egypt with all my wonders which I will do in the midst thereof:

The circumstance was there to give honor to God and by that circumstance God would show HIMSELF and be exalted.

My cousin is in poor health and her husband died a couple of weeks ago.  She has always been a complainer, seeming to want to tell her troubles but not necessarily seeking the solution.

I wrote a note to her today telling her the following:  When I had accident 4 years ago and spent a month in rehab hospital, I was so happy to be in hospital for I knew they could take care of me there.  Most people there wanted to go home.  I did not want to go home because I knew I was where I could get help and that is what mattered.  After getting out of hospital I have been so grateful that we live in a country where we can get help.

I have not called my cousin since her husband died for I know she will pour out all her troubles on me.  I have written her little notes from time to time.  In one note, I told her in her grief to call out to God.  HE would help her.  (I didn't hear anything from her.  I didn't expect to hear from her.  But I gave her good words which have power to help her if she will do them.  That is what is important.)

What I am saying in my notes is the power of God and exalts God.  I know if I called my cousin she would exalt herself in her sorrow.  Therefore I am keeping control over the situation by not calling her and by sending her notes telling of God.

 3 He shall subdue the people under us,
and the nations under our feet.