Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Psalm 38 ... Prayers to God & Promises from God to the Church

1 O Lord, rebuke me not in thy wrath:
neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.
2 For thine arrows stick fast in me,
and thy hand presseth me sore.
 

3 There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger;
neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin.
 

4 For mine iniquities are gone over mine head:
as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me.
 

5 My wounds stink and are corrupt
because of my foolishness.
6 I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly;
I go mourning all the day long.
 

7 For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease:
and there is no soundness in my flesh.
 

8 I am feeble and sore broken:
I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart.
 

9 Lord, all my desire is before thee;
and my groaning is not hid from thee.
 

10 My heart panteth, my strength faileth me:
as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me.
11 My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore;
and my kinsmen stand afar off.
 

12 They also that seek after my life lay snares for me:
and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things,
and imagine deceits all the day long.
 

13 But I, as a deaf man, heard not;
and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth.
14 Thus I was as a man that heareth not,
and in whose mouth are no reproofs.


15 For in thee, O Lord, do I hope:
thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.
 

16 For I said, Hear me, lest otherwise they should rejoice over me:
when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me.
 

17 For I am ready to halt,
and my sorrow is continually before me.
 

18 For I will declare mine iniquity;
I will be sorry for my sin.
 

19 But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong:
and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied.
 

20 They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries;
because I follow the thing that good is.
 

21 Forsake me not, O Lord:
O my God, be not far from me.
22 Make haste to help me,
O Lord my salvation.


==========

Comments by Joan Boney  


Psalm 58:15 For in Thee, O Lord, do I hope:  

hope:  feeling of expectation and desire for a thing to happen

My hope is in the Lord, in God ... I am always hoping for God to send me a word by HIS Spirit so I can know what to do, so I can be sustained anchored in the way to go in the matter at hand and so I can hold fast to that way shown me by God.  I look to God for the way to go in each struggle of this life.

This is my only hope ... the Word God would send me by HIS Spirit ...

And if there is a conflict, my prayer is always that God will swiftly send me HIS word to resolve the matter so I can go forth in peace and enjoy the Bible and exhort the church in the word of God.

I pray this often in problems and God always helps me and usually swiftly.

I am certain that only God knows what I should do and I must hear from HIM and thereby be directed in the way and settled in the way.

When we have that word from God in the matter at hand, we have the strength to go that way and to hold onto the way.

Thus the apostle Paul says:

 
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ (THE WORD) which strengtheneth me.

==========

A warning:  Our flesh may want to ask other people questions about what we should do.  But ONLY GOD knows the answer to what we should do and the way HE wants us to go.

Unless we have faith to pray to God, asking HIM, and believing HE will direct us, we are in great danger.  If we have to ask another person what we should do we are in terrible risk.

One of the worst things I can think of would be to have a human rule over me.