Monday, March 9, 2015

God supplies all our needs

Pam Padgettteacher

A few days ago I found that one of my dogs had pulled fibers from the carpet creating a very noticeable bare spot which will get larger if not dealt with somehow.  When I first saw this, there was panic.  I have never had to deal with anything like this before, and didn't know what to do.  Would I need to replace the carpet in the entire room?  Or could the damaged area be repaired?  If so, how could I find someone to repair it?

As these things were racing through my mind, a soft thought came telling me to look in the telephone book for carpet repair businesses.  Surprisingly, that thought immediately calmed my panic.

And when I looked in the telephone book, I found a few businesses in this area that repair carpeting.  Now calmed from the panic, I asked for wisdom about which of the businesses to call this coming week. 

Later I was reminded of the following in regard to this ...

Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

God supplies not only such things as food, clothes, shelter, but God also gives us wisdom and supplies help from others when needed.

In my initial panic, I don't think I remembered to ask God for help.  But, even in this, HE knew I needed help and the Holy Spirit led me to look in the telephone book and calmed me. 

I've also been reminded a few times of another time God helped me.  A few years ago I needed to have a piece of very heavy sound equipment moved at my house.  It was much heavier than I could handle and I asked God if there was anyone who would be able to help me with this.  A young man I worked with kept being drawn to my attention.

When I asked this young man if he might help me with this, he was very happy to do this.  I told him the weight of the equipment and offered to try to find someone else to help him, but he assured me he could easily manage this.  And he did.  He was easily able to get the equipment moved and even saw a better way to position it.  Within the next few months he helped me two other times, always very willing and able to do the work. 

Each time I've been reminded of this, I am filled with thanksgiving to God.  God knew the help I needed, and supplied someone who could do it.

Being reminded by the Holy Spirit of God's help in the past for ourselves or someone else is comforting as we face similar situations now. 

(The man from the carpet repair business I called came the same day and was able to repair the carpet.  He also took care of a couple of other, less critical, damaged areas.  I can't tell where the damage had been and am very happy with the repair.)