Sunday, March 29, 2015

Psalm 56 ... Prayers to God & Promises from God to the Church

1 Be merciful unto me, O God:for man would swallow me up;
he fighting daily oppresseth me.
 

2 Mine enemies would daily swallow me up:
for they be many that fight against me, O thou most High.
 

3 What time I am afraid,
I will trust in Thee.
4 In God I will praise HIS word,
in God I have put my trust; I will not fear
what flesh can do unto me.

 

5 Every day they wrest my words:
all their thoughts are against me for evil.
6 They gather themselves together, they hide themselves,
they mark my steps,
when they wait for my soul.
 

7 Shall they escape by iniquity?
in thine anger cast down the people, O God.
 

8 Thou tellest my wanderings:
put thou my tears into thy bottle:
are they not in thy book?
 

9 When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back:
this I know; for God is for me.
10 In God will I praise His word:
in the Lord will I praise His word.

 

11 In God have I put my trust:I will not be afraid
what man can do unto me.
 

12 Thy vows are upon me, O God:
I will render praises unto Thee.
 

13 For thou hast delivered my soul from death:wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling,
that I may walk before God in the light of the living?



Comments by Joan Boney  

 I will render praises unto Thee.

When I think on the Word God has given me in the issue at hand and choose to believe that Word, doing accord to that Word in an appropriate manner, I praise God in my belief and in my actions.

==========

Heb. 3 ...   12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. 

13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 

14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; 15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
 

16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke:howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses. 17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness? 

18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? 

19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

==========

 
2 Mine enemies would daily swallow me up:
for they be many that fight against me, O thou most High.




There are humans who fight the Word of God that is in us ... and devils fight the Word of God that is in us.  Therefore "many" fight against us ...

Thoughts come to our mind telling us not to do that ... Thoughts come to our minds telling us to do something ...

The factor is for us to determine which thoughts are from God and do those things.

There is a woman who is not born again who troubled me greatly by her words.  This went on for years, each time I saw her.  I often prayed for God to deliver me.  Finally God gave me a message for this woman and when I delivered that message, she left me alone.

After that, thoughts began to come that I could really help this woman.  (True, I could, if she were interested in God and Bible, but she has shown no interest in either, although she attends a church group.)  But would it accomplish the will of God to contact this woman, or would it just put me back into the bondage from which God had delivered me?

It is up to me to determine the answer to this.

So I tried that Spirit which was trying to get me to contact this woman and help her.

John said ... 1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God:because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God:Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God:and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.  I Jn. 4

After the thought came, I addressed the spirit who sent the thought, asking:  Do you confess Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?  and I heard: "No"